Instructions for the use of Ground against weeds: description, characteristics and correct dosage of the drug
Herbicides are highly toxic chemical agents for weed control, in order not to harm cultivated plants and not harm your health, strict adherence to safety rules and regulations is necessary. In this publication, instructions for the use of Ground against weeds will be considered in detail..
Main characteristics and description of the drug
Ground is a systemic herbicide with a high level of toxicity, designed to destroy all varieties of parasitic plants, including ears of ear. The mechanism of action is based on the penetration of the active substance of the drug by the aerial (vegetative) part of the weed. Sap flow ensures the rapid spread of the active substance, which contributes to the death of the plant.
With the simultaneous use of nitrogen fertilizers with Ground, the rate of action of the drug increases.
- 5 ml ampoules.
- 50 ml and 100 ml graduated tubes.
- Vials with concentrate, 250 ml and 1 liter.
For large consumers, the herbicide is produced in the form of a concentrated solution, packaged in containers of 5 and 10 liters.
Herbicide “Ground” is a chemical preparation of continuous or indiscriminate action. In other words, the product effectively destroys all vegetation (including cultivated ones) located in the processing area. The active ingredient is glyphosate, which is a compound of phosphonomethyl and glycine that blocks the production of amino acids, which leads to the death of the plant.
Scope of application
Ground weed contact herbicide is used for the complete destruction of all plant species with a pronounced aerial part. The scope of application of the drug is very extensive..
In agriculture, it is used to process:
- soils before the autumn-spring sowing of agricultural crops;
- earth embankments along railways and highways;
- soil along the placement of power lines, irrigation and storm drainage systems.
The Ground is very popular among public utilities workers. With the help of this herbicide, parasitic herbs in squares, parks, recreation areas and playgrounds are very successfully destroyed..
Advantages and disadvantages
Before proceeding with the publication of instructions for the use of Ground against weeds, you should carefully study the advantages of the drug over analogues, as well as familiarize yourself with the disadvantages of the tool in order to fully assess all the risks associated with its use.
- acts on all types of plants, including annuals, perennials, one – and dicotyledonous;
- when using the drug, the volume of mechanical soil cultivation is significantly reduced;
- can be used in the autumn as a desiccant – a drug that accelerates the ripening of vegetables and grain crops.
Ground is characterized by a high rate of impact on plants. Pronounced visual symptoms appear: in annuals – 3-4 days; in perennials – 7-10 days after application of the drug. The death of plants occurs 10-30 days after the application of the drug, depending on the dosage, climatic factors and plant resistance to the active substance.
The disadvantage of the drug is toxicity. That is why when applying Ground weed control, you must strictly follow the instructions and observe safety precautions..
Nevertheless, the herbicide causes minimal harm to the environment due to its mechanism of action and an average level of toxicity:
- 3 hazard class;
- 2 class of resistance in soil;
- 4 class according to the degree of impact on aquatic biocenoses. MPC in water bodies is 1 ml / l.
According to the manufacturer’s statement and on the basis of information from large consumers of this product, some types of weeds are resistant to the drug..
Brief instructions for the use of Ground against weeds
The effectiveness of pesticides depends on the correct dosage and timely use of the drug. Next, we will consider how to apply Ground against weeds..
- During the spring processing of vineyards, fruit, flower and vegetable crops, weeds are sprayed with an aqueous solution of the preparation. To destroy annual plants, you need to dilute 80 ml of the herbicide in 10 liters of water; for a perennial parasitic herb, a solution of 120 ml per 10 liters of water is required.
- It is necessary to process the planting of potatoes immediately before the emergence of shoots. Solution dosage: dilute 60 ml in 10 liters of water.
- It is recommended to cultivate soil for sowing cereals twice a year: before sowing and after harvesting. Solution: 120 ml “Ground” for 10 liters. water.
The water temperature for obtaining an effective solution should not be lower than 15 ° С.
- The drug is diluted immediately before use and only in plastic containers.
- Before using the solution, take care of the protection of the skin, eyes, respiratory organs.
- Do not eat, drink, smoke while spraying.
- After use, drain the remaining solution into a special pit..
Keep Ground out of the reach of children and pets..
Prepare the solution directly in a spray bottle that will be used when processing plants.
Fill the container 1/3 full with water at room temperature, pour in the required amount of concentrate, add water until the container is full.