Curtains for the bedroom: 265+ (Photo) Novelties for modern design
The novelties in bedroom curtains offer fashion trends for your interior: elongated and double curtains, tassels and contrasting trims along the edge. The choice is huge, which everyone can appreciate. And what specific type of curtains to choose so that it fits into the overall interior of the bedroom, we will tell you.
Choosing curtains for the bedroom
Curtains fill the room with comfort. When decorating, they first decide the general style, and finally select the structure and color of the fabric for the curtains.. The classics are popular – the design of window openings with voile curtains, complemented by night curtains.
Curtains for bedroom
The coming season suggests turning to natural fabrics:
Curtains made of bamboo or linen fabric with synthetic threads are considered fashionable and wear-resistant.. Curtains from:
All ruffles and draperies are in the past, simple lines and uncomplicated cut come to replace.
- Aged fabric textures with scuffed shabby chic style will fill the room with airiness, the highlight will be curtains made of natural fabrics with blurred patterns, reminiscent of watercolor strokes.
- Japanese style at the peak of popularity – lamellas are used, working on an adjusting mechanism. The combination of monochromatic or contrasting color slats will add laconicism to the bedroom – complement the ethnic style or high tech.
Enjoy the beauty of nature
- Competent mixing of styles. Pastel wallpapers and carpets blend in color with curtains in the same range. It is best to hang the curtains with prints, and bed cover blanket under the tiger skin.
- We combine roller blinds (protecting from the sun) with light tulle curtains.
- Roman blinds are rods with sewn-in strips of fabric, and the whole structure is in close contact with window. Recommended for small rooms to expand space.
- Draping of windows with lace curtains with imitation of hand-knitted, hand-made welcome.
- Kiseya or long threads falling down, studded with bugles and beads. Serve only as an additional decoration, do not cover from prying eyes.
- The Austrian style implies rounded drapery along the edges of long curtains, it is allowed in any of the styles except minimalism.
Use a smart mix of styles
For a classic style, we choose heavy curtains in:
- blue tones.
For Provence and rustic style, light natural materials of pale blue, lavender or ash pink are suitable. At the peak of popularity, plain curtains, curtains with floral ornaments or with a 3D pattern also look relevant..
We select the color combination and texture of the fabric:
- Classic. We choose dense fabrics – velvet or brocade, complement with lambrequins and weightless tulle curtains. We decorate the room in one palette, but with different shades. Against the background of a light furniture set, wine curtains with golden tassels look exquisite.
- Tsarist Baroque presupposes luxurious decoration. For curtains, we use deep reds and blues, emerald or coffee-golden tones. Decorative pillows with tassels and gold embroidery are combined with curtains.
- Hi-tech – cold combination glass and metal. We install blinds on the window openings, supplement with air curtains of pearlescent or smoky gray color with a pattern or interspersed with silver threads.
- Provence – let’s stop at linen or cotton curtains with tulle. Delicate fabrics of pink, green or blue shades with floral patterns are suitable.
- Minimalism – involves curtains of a simple cut without lambrequins or draperies. We decorate the room with white, cream or vanilla curtains.
Velvet complements perfectly
Into a small bedroom
When decorating a small bedroom, accents are placed through textiles. It is recommended to attach the eaves to ceiling, and not against the wall to visually raise low ceilings with curtains. Massive structures make the room heavier, and thin cornices with flying curtains made of natural fabrics do not accumulate dust, are easy to maintain, and expand the space.
Curtain selection rules:
- you can increase the area of small bedrooms using plain curtains without ornaments or patterns. Fashionable fabrics with floral patterns will decorate spacious rooms, but here they will be inappropriate;
- for a bedroom in pastel colors, bright textiles are needed, when wallpaper with a floral print is glued, they balance the space with curtains of calm tones;
- classic version – white curtains made of light fabrics, allowed tulle curtains;
- will expand the room with curtains with only one pattern – a wide horizontal strip in the middle of the panel;
- synthetics are prohibited, the choice in favor of natural light curtains or bamboo blinds;
- if there are two small windows in the room, then they hang one long cornice on the entire wall.
Brick wall decoration
You cannot hang window openings with curtains of complex design., lambrequins and multi-layered curtains so as not to shrink a small room. Opt for simple shapes, Roman or Japanese curtains.
AdviceThe smaller the size of the bedroom, the lighter colors are used for decoration and curtains. To prevent the room from turning into a kind of hospital ward, we make several bright accents.
Curtains and tulle
Combinations of curtains and tulle remain in demand for decoration:
- the main place is occupied by tulle diaper fabric with patterns or embroidery. Curtains made of heavy dense matter serve as a background. We select pastel colors for curtains, and bright shades for tulle;
- curtains come first, and tulle complements. We hang curtains in a rich color – burgundy or plum, and for tulle we choose a pastel palette. Tulle should be hung over the curtains, supplemented with garters.
Combination of green and gray
If the bedroom does not need full shading, then we decorate the window only with tulle curtains. They can be issued:
- bright floral patterns.
The composition of tulle hanging by a drapery, complemented by a lambrequin made of the same fabric looks advantageous..
- in a bedroom decorated in bright colors, curtains of the same color will do, but the background will be peach, linen or pink lavender tulle;
- if the design did not live up to expectations, the whole idea is spoiled by a catchy sofa or colorful wallpaper, they turn their attention to the window. We decorate the opening with curtains with large ornamentation, wide stripes or a border, and trim the tulle with folds, decorate with organza bows or butterflies. We select the fabric for pillows and bedspreads to bring the composition together;
In bright colors
- a winning option is to hang curtains and tulle in the same colors with a large piece of furniture. We combine the color of the curtains with sofa, bedside table, carpet or lamp. It is not necessary to use one color, we select a tint palette;
- for a room in pastel colors, we choose bright curtains and tulle with catchy patterns so that the room does not visually dissolve;
- expand the space of pearl, blue or light green tulle, bring the window closer – yellow and purple-red curtains.
For small bedrooms, a palette in light colors is suitable, and for spacious rooms, any design solution is used. The combination of natural fabrics and synthetics for curtains is mistaken, they are not only different in weight, but also pass the sun’s rays unevenly.
Curtains and bedspread
According to the classical canons, bedspreads and curtains should be matched in material and color. A bright satin bedspread looks catchy against the background of heavy curtains, so it is worth stopping at a set of velor.
- It is recommended to combine the texture of fabrics for sewing curtains and bedspreads. A fashionable innovation to select a different tone for curtains and bedspreads, but with the same color pattern.
- If the bedspread is in pastel colors, and the curtains are with animal prints, then the pillows and the track on the bed, repeating the pattern, will tie the composition together. We supplement the curtains with the color of the bedspreads, that is, with a lilac bedspread, we tie the same hooks on white curtains or hang lambrequins of lilac color.
Combination of fabric texture on pillows and curtains
- We play with shades. When coffee and white tones are present in the design, the curtains will be brown, and the bedspread will be beige or white.
- We select textiles in the same color scheme as the walls, add a little variety. If the wallpaper is pink with floral patterns, then for the bedspreads and curtains we choose a pink monochromatic fabric, and vice versa.
- For a bedroom in two colors, one color is allowed for the bedspread and another for the curtains. If the room is in lilac-pearl tones, then choose a lilac bedspread with pearl or ash curtains.
Drawing attention to the sleeping area with color
In small rooms, the technique of drawing attention to the sleeping place is used. For window decoration we choose pastel shades, and for bedspreads – juicy colors or delicate ones with a bright pattern. A bedroom in a beige palette will transform with a bright red bedspread, and with soft turquoise walls it will play in contrast with a black and white bedspread with an animal pattern.
To decorate window openings in small bedrooms, choose short curtains. The solution is not suitable for rooms with low ceilings, so the space will visually narrow..
Option for a small window
By design and cut, models are distinguished:
- Austrian curtains to the windowsill. Woolen or cotton fabrics are selected, and many horizontal folds are sewn into the canvas. Curtains will add splendor to the decoration, prevent the penetration of cold.
- London curtains are equipped with ribbons to fix the position of the curtain. We choose ribbons of one or a contrasting color. If you raise the structure, soft folds of fabric are formed at the top..
- Roman blinds are suitable for small bedrooms, you do not need to spend a lot of material for sewing.
- Roller blinds are sewn from durable fabric, decorated with three-dimensional patterns. Curtains are known for their brevity and simplicity, protect from direct sunlight. The solution is suitable for lovers of minimalism.
- French curtains to the windowsill. For sewing, they use satin, organza, taffeta or silk, make an abundance of folds and draperies. Lush curtains decorate spacious rooms, emphasizing the Baroque style.
- Japanese curtains have their origins in oriental culture. The Japanese used panels covered with silk fabric for zoning rooms. Now sliding compositions are used to decorate window openings..
The bedroom design will transform with short curtains. The decoration will not overload a small room, create twilight and a cozy atmosphere. Most often I use short curtains in a classic interior, in Provence and country.
Curtains with lambrequin
If earlier we chose brocade or velvet as fabrics for lambrequins, now we use natural or artificial materials. For a lambrequin, you can adapt a long strip of fabric, cut out an asymmetrical panel, lay folds, decorate with a contrasting piping or braid. Sew a bright braid along the edge of the folds, which we repeat along the edge of the curtains or make hooks.
Curtains with lambrequins will complement the composition of a large bedroom, and small rooms will visually become even smaller. Cannot be used in a congested room furniture.
Rigid lambrequins made of dense fabric stretched over a rigid frame are popular. A bold decision to completely abandon curtains in favor of a lambrequin and blinds. Natural fabrics are in trend – chintz, satin, silk, linen or bamboo canvas.
- We choose the shade of lambrequins a couple of tones lighter or darker than the color scheme of the room. If the curtains are selected in the same palette as the bedroom, then we give preference to lambrequins with patterns.
- We create a romantic style with weightless lace curtains, complemented by tassels and swags.
- For spacious rooms, lambrequins from heavy fabrics – velor or velvet are suitable. Will add aristocracy to the decor in beige tones lambrequin made of black fabric, complemented by patterned beige fabric.
- It is better to decorate a standard bedroom with lambrequins in soothing colors – beige, green, pink or peach.
Beautiful, bright room decoration
Lambrequins from more than three colors look pretentious. Two pastel shades are enough for a small bedroom, or one rich dark color combined with a light fabric for lambrequins in a spacious room.
For sewing night curtains, I use dense fabrics that do not transmit ultraviolet light. Such curtains look pompous, cover the entire window space..
When choosing, take into account the direction of the window. If the bedroom is located in the south direction, then the curtains are selected from dense dark materials – velvet, taffeta or polyester. Choose dark green, steel, purple, cherry or black tones. A light palette of fabrics for curtains, which not only do not protect from sunlight, but also become dirty faster, is unacceptable.
Discreet, stylish option
Blackout curtains will completely hide the room from the sun. Such matter is not only in black, but also in other colors, which does not prevent it from darkening the room..
Two sets of night curtains will help to diversify the design. In winter, we decorate the window with heavy multilayer structures, and in the summer we change it to cotton or silk curtains. The combination of two colors of night curtains looks interesting, fabrics with floral or animal patterns are also popular.
AdviceThe easiest way is to hang classic curtains in the bedroom – a long canvas of dense fabric falling in waves. Austrian or Roman curtains, which are sewn using sophisticated technologies, will cost more..
Roman blinds are held on the cornice by a special mechanism that is set in motion by a control unit. When folded, the fabric is gathered at the top, gathered in folds. After being lowered, Roman curtains turn into an even cloth of dense or transparent texture. We attach the structure not only to window openings, but to the ceiling or wall.
- we choose fabrics by color, combined with furniture upholstery, pillows and bedspreads;
- dark curtains with a large pattern are not recommended in small bedrooms;
- curtains with horizontal wide stripes will increase the space, and with vertical ones they will visually raise the ceiling;
- it is best to use flowing fabrics that gather in folds.
Choose fabrics that match the color of the upholstery
For lovers of bright bedrooms, light curtains with a floral pattern are suitable, and dense curtains will protect from light while watching movies..
Usage in different styles:
- classic design with dense fabric curtains with patterns, decorated with fringes;
- in modern emphasis on the color of the curtains – plum, olive or coffee;
- for country style, we choose natural fabrics – cotton or linen with stripes or a cage;
- Scandinavian the style will be complemented by translucent light cotton curtains. We additionally decorate the south-facing windows with thick linen curtains;
- the oriental style is characterized by catchy fabrics with fringes and embroidery with golden threads;
- we will complement minimalism and hi-tech with fabrics of the color of wet asphalt with a metallic sheen;
- all style directions are mixed in eclectic, so color and structure are not as important as protection from ultraviolet radiation.
It will be interesting for you:
Double curtains are two wide fabric canvases located one on top of the second. The composition is complemented with openwork lambrequins, bows, garters and tassels. They do not have lush folds, so it is easier to care for the curtains. A dense fabric is placed in front of the expensive material from the side of the window opening, which protects against burnout and ultraviolet radiation.
Varieties of double curtains:
- Classic version. Choosing a dense dark fabric for curtains and a weightless tulle fabric. We hang a translucent tulle curtain below, and a heavy curtain on top.
- Double roman. Two materials with different textures are controlled by different mechanisms. The lower curtain is sewn of light fabric, and the upper one is made of dense fabric. With the help of mechanisms, we adjust the level of illumination.
- Double roll. Fabric roller blinds, where stripes with different textures are combined. The structure can be opened and closed at different heights.
In blue tones
A combination of violet-lilac or green-brown tones for double curtains is allowed. We select classic black and white curtains or play with a combination of chocolate and light brown.
AdviceWe create the illusion of double curtains, if along the edge of the curtain we sew a strip of fabric with a contrasting color. Less fabric and no need for a triple curtain rod to hang two rows of heavy curtains and one tulle curtain.
Beige discreet color
Japanese curtains are inherent in the shape of a rectangle, they look like the doors of a wardrobe or a screen.. Previously, they were used in the design of the minimalist style, but now they complement any interior:
- most often used in spacious rooms;
- if light fabrics of natural shades are taken as a material, then even small rooms will visually expand;
- in relation to the size of the room, up to 10 canvases can be placed on the cornice. When changing them, we control the illumination, change the interior;
- we install screen curtains of their fabrics of different textures, combine silk with organza;
- layering at the peak of popularity. We supplement the panels with other types of curtains – transparent tulle, velvet curtains or muslin.
For a white bedroom
All shades of white for curtains will serve as the decoration of the white bedroom. To prevent the white room from getting lost against the background of curtains of the same color, we complement the interior with bright spots – a picture, wallpaper or bed linen. We use linen, woolen, cotton fabrics as material for curtains..
Against the background of the white headset, curtains of dark colors stand out: chocolate, coffee, steel or natural wood. On plain thin curtains, we accentuate with golden splashes.
The room will transform with silver or gold curtains. We use embroidery with golden threads when decorating pillows or drawing wallpaper, decorate the walls with stucco.
Beautiful marine tones
Assumes an abundance of wood surfaces in a white bedroom. Among the vegetation, curtains in soft pastel shades, pink, chocolate and coffee colors stand out..
The design of such a white room will appeal to young girls. Curtains with light fabrics in light colors with floral patterns contribute to the romantic mood. Lace inserts and ruffles are allowed.
White and black tones
The color scheme is suitable for Scandinavian style, hi-tech and minimalism. The combination is always fashionable, just choose which of the colors (black or white) will prevail in the interior. The abundance of black is unacceptable in a small room – it will become cramped and uncomfortable, like a closet. We select curtains in the same color as the bedspread; interesting textured fabrics with a small pattern are suitable.
In such a room, you can hang black double curtains with complex draperies in winter, and replace with lighter tulle curtains in the summer. If the black tone seems too heavy, it is lightened by analogs – charcoal or dark blue..
We add fun to the white bedroom with patterned curtains. Instead of floral patterns, we use a print in a neutral color..
AdviceWhen choosing textiles and upholstery, it is difficult to find matching colors. If the fabric of the earlier selected color is removed from production, then such a shade cannot be found later. It is better to purchase fabric with a margin to use for repairing leaky curtains.
In the style of romanticism
Lilac curtains are perfect for a romantic bedroom. The lilac color of the curtains should overlap with the bedspread and headboard of the same color..
We decorate the bedroom:
- For a small room, choose lilac as the main color. We combine a lilac tone in wallpaper, bedspreads, curtains and decor items. In slightly larger rooms for walls, it is better to choose pastel shades – sand, beige or pistachio.
- Lilac curtains are suitable for a white bedroom set, for a girl’s room we choose violet tones. For curtains, we use not only plain fabrics, but with patterns and colored lines..
- In spacious bedrooms, experimenting with richer shades. A dark purple carpet with bright curtains stands out against the background of the pastel palette of the walls..
- To play on contrasts, we combine a common lilac background with canary yellow roller blinds.
- Not only the yellow-purple combination will complement the interior. We make small blotches of rich pink and blue.
As a material for curtains, it is better to choose flowing fabrics without shine, gathering in soft folds..
Curtains in green tones for the bedroom are soothing and sleep-inducing. Choose a suitable shade based on the degree of lighting in the room:
- green tea;
- pistachio color;
- brown-yellow palette.
On heavy fabrics, green looks more intense, and on tulle curtains, it is gentle and relaxed..
Tight sun protection
The right combination
- we decorate the room in green with the addition of sandy color. We paste over the walls wallpaper pastel or sand color. For curtains, thick bottle or emerald fabrics are suitable;
- lovers of a laconic interior will appreciate the bedroom in gray tones with soft turquoise or malachite curtains;
- classic – a combination of white and green. To add freshness to the room, a few catchy accessories should be introduced;
- the bedroom in blue-green tones looks outside the box. Green curtains effectively set off blue wallpapers and textiles.
AdviceAgainst the background of a dark bedroom set, even bright emerald curtains dissolve. To emphasize the depth of green, it is recommended to use it in light bedrooms with natural wood furniture..
It is a mistake to avoid brown shades when decorating bedrooms. The brown palette favorably sets off other colors, does not irritate the eye, and gives a sense of security. We use a wide range of shades to choose from – beige, baked milk, coffee, chocolate, “brown cola”. Heavy dark curtains protect from ultraviolet radiation, promote falling asleep. Shades of brown with splashes of gold or silver threads will add light.
In the classic version, we decorate the bedroom with long hanging brown curtains in floor. The fabric can be plain or with a simple pattern. We supplement with lambrequin, fringe or golden tassels.
The highlight of the interior is red curtains in large white peas
Combination with other colors:
- the bedroom in pastel colors will be decorated with caramel curtains with light beige patterns;
- against the background of purple wallpaper, light brown curtains with a glossy shine look best;
- decorate the Mediterranean-style bedroom with light green walls, turquoise furniture and coffee curtains;
- brown curtains with stripes will tie dark floors and furniture into a single composition.
Curtains should create a soothing atmosphere. For sewing them, it is better to use an ultraviolet-proof material. Sometimes the bedroom combines not only a place to relax, but also a working area.. In this case, we choose plain curtains in gray, brown and blue tones or use dark curtains made of blackout blackout fabric..