Wardrobe-pencil case for the bathroom (130+ Photos): Models that you did not know about (floor, corner, hanging)
How to choose a pencil case for the bathroom and which type is most suitable for a room with high humidity? This type of wardrobe is very convenient for storing things in small rooms. Find out which material is better to choose. What can be stored in it? And also what models are the best for this room. Everything is detailed further in the article..
All about the pencil case
A pencil case is a very popular piece of furniture in apartments. It is very roomy, does not take up much space, and the shelves located along the entire length can accommodate all the necessary household items.
In order for this element of the interior to look organically in the room, you need to choose the right material, color and size. There are five different types of pencil case.
Pencil case is a very popular piece of furniture in apartments.
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: Bathroom Design and Decorating with Plastic Panels 110+ Photos – A Fast and Cheap Way to Decorate
Where is used?
Pencil cases are usually purchased by the owners apartments, especially small. Such furniture does not take up much space, it is great for storing clothes, dishes, household items. Tall ones are especially convenient – you can store a lot of things in them, freeing up space without that small room.
Furniture made of moisture-resistant material will look good in the bathroom, strict and minimalist – in the hallway or study. Light or pastel will be appropriate in the bedroom, and bright – in the nursery.
Bathroom cabinet with basket
The pencil case differs from other types in its peculiar design, characteristics and functions:
- Tall, narrow models – the most compact, suitable for small spaces.
- Separations for shelves and drawers provide compactness and at the same time multifunctionality – can be placed in compartments, for example, children’s toys, bed linen.
- The depth may vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, but usually it is between 40 and 60 cm..
- There are wall (standing against the wall) and corner (placed in the corner) products.
- There are integral and composite ones – in the second version, one part is hung on the wall, and the second is placed below.
That is why these models are so popular. They are functional, at the same time inexpensive, suitable for residents of small apartments.
White combined with red
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: 2017 Modern Fashion Small Bathroom Design – What You Need to Know?
Cabinets are usually made of wood based material. Products made from cheap raw materials can damp, get dirty, and have a short service life.. The most common materials from which furniture is made are:
- Chipboard. The most common, cheapest material. Material – boards made from wood shavings, which are covered with laminated film. A product made of this material can be of any color and style, therefore, it is suitable for any room. One of the disadvantages of such furniture is the harmful fumes of formaldehyde during use. In order not to harm health, it is necessary to give preference to products with an ABC edge of 2 mm.
- MDF. This material is produced by means of a medium-dispersed fraction of wood, pressed into sheets. There are no harmful emissions from this material, it does not contain impurities hazardous to the body. However, they are more expensive than laminated chipboard.
- Natural wood. Cabinets made of this material look as luxurious as possible, but they are more expensive than the previous material. Suitable for offices, living rooms and bedrooms. The safest for health, environmentally friendly;
- Glass. This material is not used for the entire surface – only for glasses built into doors or handles. Glass can be either simple or patterned – it all depends on the price and style.
- Plastic. Low pencil cases are made of this material for the nursery or bathroom. The advantages of such furniture are moisture resistance and lightness. Great for storing toys, bathroom supplies.
Classic style pencil case
The wardrobe should be chosen depending on the room. For example, you should not buy furniture from laminated chipboard to the bathroom, as the material may soon become damp.
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: Small bathroom combined with a toilet (50+ Photos): 12 techniques for unique space correction
What can be stored in a pencil case?
The filling of the cabinet depends on the room in which it is located.. If it is divided into several shelves (drawers, there are no small compartments), it is convenient to store in it:
- Books – an option for the living room or nursery.
- Bed linen – bedroom.
- Documents – personal or office account.
- Bathroom accessories – bathroom.
- Preservation for the winter – for pencil cases placed on the loggia or balcony.
- Umbrellas, hats, other items – hallway.
- Loose food and kitchenware – kitchen.
The presence of small compartments, pull-out drawers will be useful for a large family. It is convenient to store both important papers and documents and clothes (even for the whole family) there. In special compartments you can put linen, and place outerwear on the shelves.
Multifunctional furniture also has:
- Pull-out baskets – suitable for bathroom and kitchen.
- Open shelves – for jewelry, books, souvenirs. However, there is a minus – dust constantly accumulates on such shelves..
- Glass shelves – suitable for the bathroom.
- Clothes hooks or tube – hallway or study.
Multifunctional furniture is practical – for example, a model with a pull-out basket can be placed in the bathroom for storing linen, bath accessories.
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: Small Bathroom Tiles (150+ Design Photos): The Optimal Combination Of Style And Decor
Features and purpose
The wardrobe can be a separate piece of furniture or be part of a headset. Kitchen cabinets store large dishes (pots, pans), as well as bulk products (cereals, flour, sugar, spices).
Rarely used items can be stored on the shelves – it depends on the owner. Shelves can occupy:
- Cleaning products and textiles – cleaning products, detergents, towels, rags, tablecloths.
- Large machinery (washing machine or dishwasher) – if there is a lower closed section, it is suitable for such equipment.
- Tableware – sets, cutlery not used every day.
- Oven – some pencil cases have a special compartment to accommodate built-in equipment.
- Microwave – put in a special compartment in the pencil case.
- Small technique (multicooker, coffee machine, toaster) – if there is a special shelf or compartment.
- Spices, conservation – are placed in special departments. Usually cans with bottles are put down.
The pencil case helps in disguising pipes and meters – if you remove part of the back wall, you can place the pipes inside the cabinet.
The cabinet can be specially ordered by specifying the required dimensions and the number of shelves. Usually, such furniture is used as a kitchen set, for example, by embedding appliances there or placing it in a special place. They are also made to order to match the style and color scheme of the room in which it is located..
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: Bathroom Tile Finishing Options (175+ Photos). We create a design that will be remembered
Types of pencil cases
To store all kitchen utensils (dishes, utensils, pots, appliances), there are special kitchen cabinets with pieces of compartments and convenient shelves. Pencil cases for the bathroom with a pull-out basket, many compartments will also be useful.
Dark wood product
Such models instantly free up space, making the room more spacious.. Pencil cases are divided into different types:
- For embedding technology.
- Narrow (column).
For owners of small apartments, a column wardrobe is very convenient.. Its advantages are height and small width.. It does not take up much space, saves free space.
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: Pros and cons of a stretch ceiling in a bathroom: The best solution or a tribute to fashion? (125+ Photos)
Pros of various types
There are single-leaf and double-leaf cases, open and closed, with lower sliding shelves, drawers. Standard model with one door, shelves great for storing clothes, bed linen.
Convenient storage space
There are different types of columns with glazed doors (one of the classic options), sliding or stained glass, as well as decorative inserts. Also popular are products with open shelves in the middle or on top, closed at the bottom..
There are models with fully open shelves – the so-called “racks“. They are more suitable for living rooms, books, figurines, vases can be stored on the shelves..
Convenient corner model. It is notable for the fact that:
- Smoothes out the angularity of the room.
- Can be adapted for building technology.
- Has greater depth and capacity.
The most relevant color for the bathroom
A pull-out pencil case will be very useful in the kitchen.. The draw-out cabinet can have shelves with baskets suitable for storing:
- Packets with herbs and spices.
- Small dishes.
- Detergents, rags.
A retractable pencil case helps out if, after drawing up a plan, one narrow opening remains in the room, into which not a single cabinet fits. Also, this model is suitable for storing built-in appliances..
There you can put a washing machine (for the bathroom) or an oven, a microwave (for the kitchen). Thus, all equipment will be located side by side, close to each other..
Pencil case helps in disguising pipes and meters
Even large appliances can be built into the product – a refrigerator or a washing machine. All appliances can be hidden behind the case of the pencil cases in the kitchen – from the microwave to the oven.
Floor-standing models are very popular, as they are very roomy. Placed either on low legs or on a special stand.
The cabinet on legs is protected from water collecting on the bathroom floor. Such furniture is not threatened by dampness in the bathroom..
Since there is usually little space in the bathroom, special narrow tall cabinets are created for it.. The main styles of such furniture:
The cabinet on legs is protected from water
Also, the piece of furniture is often complemented by a pull-out laundry basket, pull-out drawers for storing small things. You can store manicure accessories, creams, decorative and medical cosmetics in such a cabinet. You can build appliances into such corner furniture – for example, a washing machine.
AdviceHanging models are often used in bathrooms. They are used in rooms with high ceilings and lack of free space.
You can hang the cabinet over sink and store hygiene items with towels in it. It can also be placed above the toilet, but at such a level so as not to accidentally hit your head..
The wall cabinet is suitable for rooms with a warm floor – it does not come into contact with the floor, it is not afraid of temperature extremes. However, it is desirable for the material to tolerate humid air well. It can store small towels, cleaning products, hygiene items.
If one piece of furniture in the bathroom is not enough, you can hang another one. Still, they do not take up much space, so the space on the walls can be disposed of as you please.
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: Bathroom Design with and without Sink: Choosing Furniture (165+ Photos). What to give preference to?
How to choose a wardrobe?
When buying, you need to take into account the dimensions of the room and the furniture itself. Its purpose is important – for built-in furniture, for storing utensils or dishes.
Before buying, you need to make measurements of the room so that the furniture is freely placed in the space. There are several rules to follow when choosing:
- The piece of furniture should fit the height of the rest of the furniture – not be too high, not stand out from other furniture.
- In terms of depth, it is best to select the same cabinets, or with a slight difference..
- The material must correspond to the conditions of the room – for example, moisture-resistant furniture must be selected for the bathroom.
Quite a bold idea – a closet along the entire length of the wall. The wall with built-in appliances looks like one whole, you don’t have to select furniture from different manufacturers.
In addition to its beautiful appearance, such a design has tremendous convenience – all the necessary things are at hand, the necessary equipment is located in a suitable place.
Product with built-in glasses
VIDEO: How easy and simple to make a locker with your own hands?
So, when choosing a pencil case, you need to take into account three components: size, price, material. For a small room, you should choose a narrow tall cabinet or hanging.
The second criterion – price – is also important when buying, since the higher the price, the longer the product will last. The material must be chosen wisely – if the room is very humid, the material must be waterproof.