Glazing of loggias: What place does it take in the design of the room? Warm, panoramic, frameless design. 145+ (Photo) cozy interiors
In the glazing of loggias, a difficult moment is in how the whole room will be perceived. Therefore, before proceeding with the decoration, it is better to familiarize yourself in detail with all the options. And only after that, start updating the interior. Panoramic? Aluminum? Or frameless? More details later in our article..
Glazing of loggias and balconies
Any modern the apartment has access to a balcony or loggia, and in many private houses it is available. In practice, it is used as a storage room for dumping trash. But after all, just put everything in order, it will turn into an additional room to expand your living space.
Great extra room
One of the transformation stages is glazing, which has recently become very necessary and functional. Before carrying out a variety of glazing, determine its type.
If the premises are needed for recreation in the warm season, then you just need to close them from dust and precipitation. In this case, the “cold type” is perfect..
Loggia design with panoramic glazing
With this type, you can choose to install aluminum or plastic sliding frames. Swing frames are suitable if the room is large..
The ideal option is a frameless way. It makes the space visually wider..
“Warm” is done using plastic or wooden windows, do not use a metal profile.
Plastic option for your home
For this method to make the space original, add tinted glass to its design, stained glass, apply laser engraving or use photo printing. Modern technologies can make window frames in any color. A little imagination will make the balcony or loggia original, highlight them against the background of the house.
It will be interesting for you: REVIEW: Kitchen design with a balcony (100+ Photos): We are for the unification of space!!!
Such manipulations make the life of the residents of the apartment much more comfortable. After all, this is protection from dust, precipitation, excellent sound insulation, expansion of the area of \ u200b \ u200bthe home. But besides this, the transformed balconies and loggias look externally, and even from the inside, much more attractive.
All glazing options for balconies and loggias can be grouped according to the following characteristics:
- By type of construction: cold, warm.
- According to the material used for the manufacture of frames: with metal-plastic, wooden, aluminum window sashes.
- By design type: with or without offset.
- Based on what type of frame belongs to: French, with standard frames, frameless.
- According to the opening method: with swing, tilt-and-turn, sliding doors.
Make a choice that is comfortable
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: 85+ Photos of DIY devices for drying clothes on the balcony: Hanger, Vines, Ropes. Which Option to choose?
Glazing is called panoramic if it occupies the entire area (from sex before ceiling). Window profiles are not used with this type, however, there is completely no sense of the presence of a glass fence.
Covers the entire floor-to-ceiling area
The frameless type of panoramic method is currently in the greatest demand..
The main advantages of the panoramic option:
- Due to the increased area of glass, more daylight enters the room.
- Attractive landscape view from the window.
- Highlights against the general background of the house.
- The room visually seems to be larger, more voluminous.
Your balcony will definitely stand out from the rest
The panoramic type also has a number of disadvantages:
- in summer it is very difficult to escape from the hot sun rays even with the help of blinds;
- if energy-saving glass is not installed, it threatens with large heat losses in winter;
- it is very difficult to clean the glass, from the outside it is unrealistic to do it yourself, especially if the premises are located on the upper floors;
- this type is not the cheapest;
- besides the fact that the view from the window is much broader, the visibility of what is happening in the apartment also increases. If you want to preserve privacy, then it makes sense to use window tinting or apply a special laminating film. You can also use electrochromic or mirrored glasses (but note that this also increases the cost);
- panoramic type is acceptable only for rooms that are not higher than 3 meters.
This type of glazing is not very cheap.
There are such options for the panoramic method:
- using aluminum structures;
- with metal-plastic structures;
- with frameless structures.
It will be correct to install a special protective film.
In summer, one cannot escape the sun on such a balcony
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: 240+ Photos of interior decoration options for the Balcony: Beautiful DIY interior
The most durable, reliable, and, therefore, durable frames are made of aluminum. Most aluminum frames have a sliding design, which saves a lot of space.
The aluminum version has the following advantages:
- insignificant weight;
- loyal value;
- aesthetic appearance;
- you can choose the color of the profile to your liking;
- does not lend itself to corrosion, corrosive substances;
- frames made of this material are environmentally friendly;
- has a high degree of safety;
- good light transmission;
- forms a sufficiently large glazed surface beyond the area.
Frames made of this material are safe and durable
The main disadvantages of the aluminum type:
- As a rule, aluminum frames are used for “cold type”.
- The lowest level of noise insulation in comparison with other profile systems.
The aluminum version is reliable. It has many positive characteristics. It is best used to create a cold type.
Has the lowest degree of sound insulation
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: Balcony decoration in Khrushchev: 225+ (Photo) – Ideas for Making beautiful designs
Most designers nowadays advise using the frameless method when converting. The non-standard nature of this is that its flaps are attached only to the upper and lower guides. They have the ability to harmonize, while the balcony opens completely. Such structures are capable of letting in a huge amount of sunlight..
For the method of opening the sash, the following types are distinguished:
- swing, open exclusively in one direction;
- pendulum, open both inward and outward;
- sliding, move along the railing (for example, these are doors that change their position at an angle of 90 degrees).
Out of the box, but it looks beautiful
Sometimes the flaps are made deaf. In such a situation, an aluminum frame is used, which is then glazed.
The main advantages of the frameless type:
- the design looks very peculiar;
- perfectly let in sunlight;
- glass of great thickness is used, about 6-8 mm;
- the moving structure can be easily aligned, moved apart;
- used for any form.
The glass is mounted on aluminum rails
Cons of frameless glazing:
- Frameless is extremely cold. Even heat-resistant glass is difficult to protect your room from temperature changes.
- It is very difficult to insulate with this choice..
- Everything that happens there is available to the eyes of others..
- Mosquito nets cannot be placed on a structure without frames, based on this, there is a possibility that there will be many insects on such a balcony.
- Low noise isolation level compared to other options.
Everything is available to the eyes of others
Frameless glazing looks beautiful. Not always suitable in terms of comfort. After all, for the sake of such beauty, you will have to sacrifice privacy, the ability to protect yourself from insects..
When you decide to transform your balcony or loggia with a “warm” one, then the best option to do this is using plastic double-glazed windows. After all, it is they who are able to guarantee noise and thermal insulation at the highest level..
If at the same time you also want to slightly increase the area of the room, then you can apply the method of removing the frames beyond the level of the facade by 15-25 cm. These manipulations will not only increase the space, but also give an additional surface in the form of a wide window sill.
Variety of color and finish options
AdviceSo that “warm” is really warm, it is undesirable to save. It is ideal to install multi-chamber windows made of wood or metal-plastic. Sashes (folding, swing or sliding) are selected, guided by the size of the balcony or loggia.
Thanks to the warm type, it is possible to turn a balcony or loggia, which you used to use as a storage room for discarding all unnecessary things, into a full-fledged functional room.
By insulating the floors, connecting the light, you can change your old abandoned balcony beyond recognition.
We change the balcony beyond recognition
The most significant advantages of warm glazing:
- when it is warm on the balcony or loggia, it will always be comfortable, regardless of the season, even in the harsh winter;
- very high level of noise insulation;
- looks very aesthetically pleasing;
- guarantees a high level of security.
Some Cons of Warm Glazing:
- a decrease in free area in comparison with a cold one, since the structure is much more massive here due to large frames, thick double-glazed windows;
- sunlight comes in small amounts. In a warm room, there is much less lighting than in a cold one;
- warm is always expensive, since it is difficult to install.
We create a cozy functional area
Based on the foregoing, we see that the warm loggias and balconies have some disadvantages, but there are still much more advantages..
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: Curtains on a balcony door: Modern window designs
French – this is the latest method of glazing, in which the dismantling of the fence is carried out in full or in part.. The dismantled parts are replaced with floor-to-ceiling windows. Window profile frames can be integral, include a group of structures.
French glazing option
It should be noted that the bottom of the glass can be varied. Here are some options:
- consist of transparent glass;
- be matte;
- consist of tinted glass;
- be covered with a sandwich panel (plastic).
The functionality of unusual design solutions is implemented without problems using this method. He will help take care of the requests of any person. There is no difficulty in finishing in the same style. Internal and external work is carried out quickly, without unnecessary nuances.
Can be made in the form of a bar
The main advantages of the French type:
- Natural sunlight is maximized, thereby increasing the illumination of the adjoining room.
- The spaces visually seem much larger, more spacious.
- Since there is no inner lining and thermal insulation, there is more free space.
- There is no need to trim the enclosing structure, which allows you to save.
So the space seems more
Technology is not met. Their development continues, improving every moment. Aesthetic design will transform the space. It perfectly covers from noise, has a high rate of heat saving, a long period of operation.
But this method has disadvantages that you should definitely keep in mind when choosing the conversion option..
Weaknesses of French glazing:
- for money, the price of French rises significantly, taking into account additional parameters, for example, thermal reflective film, lamination of the binding in various colors;
- in the summertime the air can get very hot, and in winter it can get hypothermic. In practice, after hot days, it is necessary to air conditioning to cool it in the summer and warm it up in the winter;
- very large glass cleaning area which is difficult to deal with, especially from the outside.
VIDEO: Traveling through space – updating the balcony
Before making your final decision, weigh the pros and cons of French glazing. It is ideal for small spaces. It makes it possible both visually and on the practical side to expand the space..