Organza curtains – Airy beauty. 195+ (Photo) combined, short, white options. Secrets of the right shopping
Organza curtains have become a fashion trend this year. Large selection of colors, excellent quality fabric, bold design ideas. Now all this has become even more accessible. A new collection of “fabrics from outer space” is gaining popularity this season. Unusual special effects were added to the usual organza. Thanks to this new product, you yourself can create a magical aura in your home. Short, combined, for the bedroom – which ones do you need? All the secrets of choice further in the article.
Every season, lightweight fabrics for windows are becoming more interesting and diverse. The new fashionable collection of organza curtains is designed not only to cover the window, but to preserve the mysterious softness and comfort in the house. Transparent fabric envelops the window in a light haze, gives the landscape a mystery.
Create coziness with organza curtains
Organza curtains are chosen by those who love bright rooms and want to enjoy the view from the window. The most delicate, transparent fabric has many colors and shades. You can choose a simple solid color option or with an unusual pattern. In any case, it will become the highlight of your home..
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: How to sew curtains for the kitchen with your own hands? 70+ Stylish Photo Ideas + Reviews
Secrets of choice
When choosing a fabric for windows, you need to take into account the general style of the room and the color of the wallpaper. If there is a pattern on the walls, then choose a solid tulle, otherwise the room will look heaped up.
Will become the highlight of your home
Various types of organza can be found in stores:
- Lightweight, transparent.
- Solid color with mother-of-pearl.
- Gold or silver plated.
- Plain matte.
- Chameleon effect (changes color).
- With colored vertical transitions.
- With embroidered pattern.
- With glitter, sequins, glowing special effects.
You can choose any color for the interior
Very often, expensive fabrics for curtains with a classic pattern are made on organza. This adds lightness and airiness to the fabric.. From the outside, it looks as if the curls of the drawing are just floating in the air..
Despite its lightness and transparency, the canvas is difficult to gather in beautiful folds. For lambrequins it is better to use a half-organ. This is also a transparent fabric, but more matte. It is softer to the touch, easily folds, ideal for all types of light lambrequins and graceful draperies.
Can be made from natural silk
DIY organza curtains
Organza inspires creativity. Intricate lambrequins can be sewn from transparent and weightless fabric, or simply hung beautifully, like a room decor. In order for the curtain to flow beautifully on the window in light waves, you need to correctly calculate its amount. Usually fabrics take three times more than the width of the window.
The main thing is to correctly calculate its quantity
AdviceIf the canvas is with a pattern, then it must be taken 1.5-2 times the width of the window. This will show the entire drawing, and not its individual fragments. If the pattern is neutral (light twigs, small flowers), then the fabrics take 2.5-3 times the width of the window.
Often in the interior they combine a transparent monochromatic organza and a veil with a colored pattern of a similar shade.. First, a plain color is hung on the window, and a transparent one with a pattern on top. It turns out a very beautiful volumetric haze effect..
Dark blue curtains will bring a little coolness to the room.
AdviceTry hanging 2-3 shades of solid organza on one cornice. You will get the effect of multi-colored highlights. Your room will sparkle with bright colors.
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: New in Curtain Design 2017 (400+ Photos): Modern and trendy options
Features of work
Before you start sewing, you need to think over the design, color scheme, method of attaching to the window in advance. The appearance of the finished product and the convenience of its operation depend on this..
Match the design first
Methods for attaching light curtains:
- Curtain tape. This is the most convenient option for a curvy build..
- Eyelets suitable for heavier fabrics.
- The hinges are made of the same material as the curtain. This method of fastening is most often used in a classic or oriental style to create canopies.
Fine organza fabric is very moody in stitching.
Solid tulle matches wallpaper with a pattern
To make your work easier and keep the finished product neat, you need:
- Cut the curtain on a flannel fabric or a thin blanket. It will be almost impossible to do this on a smooth table surface..
- Increase the seam allowance by 2 times, as the fabric “crumbles”.
- To glue all the places where the seam will pass with a water-soluble interlining.
- The bottom and cuts must be hemmed with an oblique inlay or processed with an overlock.
- The seam cannot be pinned.
- If you need to iron, then only through a cotton cloth.
Choosing a suitable way of attaching curtains
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: Modern Curtains in the nursery for boys and girls: Beautiful novelties (175+ Photos)
White organza – elegant understatement
White organza tulle is a classic when decorating windows. White color in the interior saturates the room with light, smoothes the overall color scheme. Visually expands the space, makes the room taller and more spacious.
White organza is very practical. It does not fade in the sun and does not turn yellow with time. Always looks solemn and elegant. Light shine beautifully shimmers in the sun, creating a fabulous atmosphere in the house.
White curtain – timeless classic
White organza tulle decorated with bright embroidery is suitable for a children’s room, but for a bedroom it is better to choose a light, monochromatic canvas.
White tulle goes well with satin, velvet, brocade.
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: Beautiful Provence Style Kitchen Designs: 240+ Photos of Modern Decorations (walls, ceiling, curtains)
Green for peace and tranquility
Decorate the room with a curtain made of green organza is the best way to refresh the space, add the colors of nature to it, make the space brighter.
Perfect for large and bright rooms
Green color in the interior helps to relax and restore emotional balance. This is the color of relaxation, spiritual harmony. The variety of shades makes green curtains versatile, they are suitable for any style.
Green can be warm or cold. Herbaceous shades are suitable for a nursery. Emerald or aquamarine – for the bedroom. Olive – for an office or teenage room.
The variety makes such curtains versatile.
AdviceAvoid green lambrequins in a room with low ceiling. They will only reduce the space, and create an overhanging effect..
Green organza goes well with:
Go well with many wallpapers
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: Installing roller blinds on plastic windows with your own hands: The nuances of a competent choice of models
Organza veil for the bedroom
The romantic image of the room will be given by a translucent white curtain falling to the floor as a weightless cloud. It will create the effect of a light veil on your window.. Unlike classic organza, the veil is softer and resembles a fine mesh. Most often it is white or delicate pastel shades. Use a neutral print for a baby veil..
Recently, a mixture of durable, shiny organza and a thin, airy veil has become very popular. This fabric is called a micro veil. It is not subject to deformation, does not lose color, drapes perfectly.
Great option for the bedroom
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: We decorate the interior in black: Curtains / Wallpaper / Ceiling (185 + Photos). A bright accent for your design
For the hall
The curtains for the hall always have a solemn, but not pretentious style. They should be washed off easily and quickly (always be clean when guests arrive). Do not block the beautiful view from the window. Organza fits all these characteristics perfectly..
In the living room, you can safely experiment with color, design, combination of fabrics. This does not mean that curtains should completely focus on themselves and become the main decoration of the room. They should only emphasize the style.
Better not to block the beautiful view from the window
For solemnity, the curtain can be assembled with decorative braid, ribbon, beads or decorative grab.
Dark curtains that do not let in light will look very beautiful and unusual, on top of which hang a light organza. Curtains will provide the desired background, while performing their main function of darkening.
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: Roman blinds in the interior (205+ Photos) – Stylish DIY window decor (step by step instructions)
Roman blinds are analogous to modern fabric blinds. They represent an even wide canvas to the floor, which is fixed on a homemade lifting cornice.
Organza Roman blinds
These curtains are quite easy to use. Little matter is used to sew them. They look stylish and modern in the interior. Most often they are used on a kitchen window, in a dining room or children’s room.
Organza is quite tough, keeps its shape well, practically does not wrinkle, it is light and transparent. These are ideal qualities for creating Roman blinds..
Organza is ideal for Roman blinds
The design of such curtains is very diverse.. They may be:
- With pattern.
- Sewn from stripes of different colors.
- Sheer or thick fabric.
- Under the organza, you can sew a lining made of thick colored fabric.
- For a children’s room, two types of curtains are often used – translucent and more dense for darkening. In this version, the Roman blind will perform the function of day-night..
Can be monophonic and patterned
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: Curtain rods: a necessity or a luxury? Which is better and more convenient? (265+ Photos)
Most often, short organza curtains are sewn for the kitchen or children’s room. These models are very practical, create coziness, let in daylight and fresh air well.. For short curtains, it is better to use an unobtrusive pattern on a light background..
Use an unobtrusive pattern
The lower edge is framed with a decorative tape of iridescent material or fringe, so that the curtain would have a finished look.
Asymmetrical designs with height adjustment look good. In the kitchen, their length should be up to the windowsill, and in the children’s room – slightly lower.
The bottom edge is often trimmed with tape
It is worth remembering that curtains in the nursery and in the kitchen often have to be washed, so you should not buy complex, intricate lambrequins. Better to choose a simple design with a bright pattern.
Organza is a highly flammable material, so the curtain must be at least 30 cm away from open flames and electrical outlets.
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: Curtains for the bedroom: 265+ (Photo) Novelties for modern design
You don’t need to experiment with furniture to make your interior unique. It is enough to decorate the window with combined curtains. This is the easiest way to make your room stylish..
Allows to bring to life the brightest ideas
You can combine fabric in different ways:
- Combine different colors and shades. The superposition of one shade on another creates the illusion of the presence of a third, unifying color..
- Bright, contrasting colors will look spectacular, but they quickly get bored, so it is worth choosing a calm alternative shade in advance.
- You can safely experiment with white. Warm shades visually bring the object closer, and cold shades move it away. Therefore, the combination of “warm-cold”, “bright-white” balances the visual space.
- You can combine organza of different textures (dense with transparent).
- The combination of a monochromatic organza and a pattern of the same shade looks good.
- You can combine different styles of curtains. For example, a roman shade goes well with airy curtains, lambrequins or short curtains..
- Combined companion curtains. For such curtains, two canvases of similar color are used. For example, coffee with chocolate, blue with emerald, yellow with orange, peach with red.
Feel free to experiment and combine
Combined organza curtains are the most affordable way to update a room.. It is enough to hang several multi-colored layers of fabric and independently create various compositions using grabs. Change the front side from the wrong side. Form intricate folds and weaves.
You can use as decoration:
- dried flowers;
- other fabric appliques.
We create various compositions
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: Curtains on a balcony door: Modern window designs
How to care?
Organza itself is very durable and resistant to fading. With proper care, it will last for many years without losing its original freshness..
- Organza curtains are machine washable. You need to set the “delicate” or “hand wash” mode with a light spin.
- The water temperature should be no higher than 40 degrees.
- For shine, you can add a little vinegar when rinsing..
- If the white tulle has turned yellow, then it must first be soaked in a saline solution, and during washing, add 3% hydrogen peroxide. This advice only applies to white.
- You need to immediately hang the damp curtain on the window, and then walk through the steam generator (now the steaming function is available in all modern irons).
- It is very dangerous to iron such curtains, even at low temperatures..
VIDEO: How to choose the right organza curtain?
Every year, fabric designers update their collections with unusual novelties. Follow trends and add flavor to your interiors.