DIY paper snowflakes – Simple and voluminous. 75+ Photos with Step by Step Instructions. We decorate the house for the holiday (+ Reviews)
In this article I will tell you how to make paper snowflakes with your own hands, which will decorate your home for the New Year holidays. A wide variety of beautiful decor options with detailed descriptions. Some beautiful decor for your home.
Soon each of us will be able to experience unforgettable sensations when you wake up and see the first artistic creations of “Santa Claus” – snowflakes. These beautiful patterns are harbingers that it’s time.
It’s time to come up with the design of your apartment. And there is no such person who would not want to contribute to the creation of a unique New Year’s interior, so that the housing is even more consistent with the coming fairy tale.
To do this, you do not have to buy a lot of Christmas toys, garlands and other beautiful gizmos. After all, you can make unique products with your own hands that will delight you, remind you of the upcoming holiday.
We all remember wonderful crafts from colored paper, cardboard. We loved to make them in childhood.. I’ll tell you a secret: adults are children too, only they don’t tell anyone about it. Therefore, take your children, start decorating your home with handmade snowflakes, and how to do this, I will tell you.
Decorate the Christmas tree with snowflakes
Create a mood with your own hands
Snowflakes are light and weightless decorations that will suit a forest beauty. You can’t limit your imagination here. You can make paper crafts with your own hands in any color, it is better to use bright shades, and of course, do not forget about the traditional white color. To do this, you will need several sheets of paper of your chosen colors, as well as scissors, a pencil, a protractor..
Unusual decorations for your guest
We all remember that as a child, this activity brought us a lot of pleasure. Today it will bring no less. Probably everyone knows how to make snowflakes. However, today I will tell you a little about new ways.
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: How to make a DIY Christmas Tree Craft for the New Year? We decorate the house before the holiday (185+ Photos)
Typically, hexagonal pieces are made, but you can experiment. Using a protractor, you need to draw a template according to which our snowflake will be cut. Draw a straight line at the bottom of the sheet, select the middle on it. Then we build angles from it in three different directions, they should be equal to 60 and 120 degrees.
We fold the paper correctly
We take another sheet, it should be square in shape. We bend it diagonally. Collapsed triangle, you need to put on the made template. Its lower part should lie on the line that we drew below, respectively, its sharp part will be directed upwards and the tip should coincide with the central ray.
Cut to get six corners
The corners that are in contact with the bottom line are lifted up and folded. So you ended up with something like a tulip.
Cut along the contour of the pattern
To make it openwork, draw a pattern on a folded piece of paper, or start cutting right away.
Cut out the desired pattern
Expand the finished craft and bend some of its parts to the side. Shine can give it brightness.
Bend inside part of the snowflake
Airy Christmas tree toy is ready
Thus, it will be beautiful and airy. To decorate the tree, it is better to make them in different sizes and arrange them from bottom to top..
Decorate the lower part with products of large sizes, and the upper part, on the contrary. If you have multi-colored, arrange them so that they match with your Christmas tree decorations in color and size..
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: Decoupage bottles for the New Year (170+ Photos). DIY jewelry. New ideas and workshops
Snowflake – a flower for a chandelier
Sizing for your chandelier is easy. So that they do not look intrusive, it is better to make them small in size. Of course, it takes a little patience for you, but the result is worth it. So, what options are best suited for the chandelier. Here is a master class on how to make them:
- take two sheets of paper of the same size;
Choose the color you want
- bend them twice so that you get triangles;
Bend as shown
- then in both blanks you need to cut the middle part in this way (). You need to do this so that the remaining area is slightly larger than the one that you delete. Flip the folded triangle down with a sharp part in which the angle is larger. Then step back a few millimeters from each edge. Cut off a piece from one side and the other. Do not cut a few cm to the more obtuse corner of the triangle. This will separate the middle section;
Draw and cut as shown
- then both sides of these sections need to be cut 2 more times. Moreover, the rays should not be connected to each other in the center. You will get something like a flower;
We get blanks in the form of flowers
- Tuck the middle strips of the flower inward and glue to the center. The first part is ready. To make the second, you need to put another flower down this blank, but so that its long petals are located between the existing ones. Also, bring the middle parts to the center of the first and glue.
We glue two blanks
So you get a very beautiful, voluminous and unusual snowflake that will decorate your chandelier.. However, they need to be made more than twenty pieces and attached with a fishing line to chandelier.
We get the finished work with our own hands
There is another way to make a voluminous snowflake for a chandelier. It is much lighter than the previous one, but the products are in no way inferior in their beauty to the first version..
Snowflake – flower (simple option)
To do this you will need:
- small stapler;
- thick paper;
For the manufacture of this option, it is better to choose thick multi-colored paper. The choice of color is completely up to you, one silver with various shades of blue, green is better suited for the New Year’s decoration of the chandelier. We make a product:
- cut thick paper into strips of equal width;
- fold each of them into an envelope (which grandmothers used to make for us when buying seeds), cut off the excess part with scissors. They should be the same small size for you;
We prepare the necessary blanks
- the top of our envelope, you need to fasten it with a stapler;
- make a circle, use glue to glue the resulting envelopes to it. For a paper snowflake, seven envelopes are enough;
Glue the envelopes to the circle
- to decorate the middle and cover the joint, you can use beads or other decorations. They also need to be glued;
Decorating the middle of the snowflake
- at the top, make a hole for the fishing line.
As a result, we have a lot of beauty for decoration.
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: How to make DIY candles at home? Interesting master classes (155+ Photos)
Make a real snowfall in the house
Dozens of snowflakes located throughout the apartment will help give the New Year’s mood. Play your favorite movie and start making products. You can use any paper that you make with your own hands to decorate your home..
Simple decoration for the New Year
Master class on how to make a snowflake ballerina
Now we will move a little away from standard shapes, manufacturing methods. Let’s make a snowflake ballerina. It will look beautiful in the children’s room. To do it you need:
Materials needed to create a masterpiece
- you need to take two sheets of paper, A4 format;
- if you draw well, you can portray the ballerina yourself. If not, you can take pictures from the Internet. Find an image, place a piece of paper on a monitor or laptop screen, trace with a pencil. You can use any drawings of ballerinas. They can be with their arms raised up, spread on the sides, in a jump or doing their dance elements;
Print or draw from template
- we carefully cut it out, we get a beautiful, elegant doll, which will become the basis in our needlework;
- we start making a skirt. To do this, take the second sheet of paper, bend it so that you get a triangle. Cut off the excess part;
Making a blank for a skirt
- fold the triangle three times and cut off the part that is superfluous;
- to make the skirt beautiful better, before cutting out the patterns, draw a drawing on the triangle and only then cut off unnecessary parts;
Cut the workpiece according to the pattern
Then, in the center of the workpiece, we make a small incision so that it is possible to put it on the doll..
We get beautiful snowflakes-ballerinas
The ballerina can be placed both on the wall and on the tree. To do this, in the upper part of it, make a small hole with a needle, thread. If it is placed on the wall, then lift the pack (skirt) up from the side that will adjoin the surface. If desired, the ballerina can be decorated, giving her individuality..
Decorate any place in the house
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: How to make Beautiful DIY Candlesticks for the New Year (95+ Photos): Original ideas for master classes
Quilling technology is the most popular. However, making this method requires patience, time, but the result is worth it..
Unusual quilling work
To make our craft you will need:
- soft paper, even an old newspaper will do;
- unnecessary book;
We start manufacturing:
We need to make 7 stacks of strips of 7-10 pcs. in each. To do this, we begin to cut them out. The width and length of the stripes must be selected individually. The average stripe size is 2 cm wide and 20 cm long.
Cut the strips as shown
Fold each stack of strips in half and put them together. Use thread to secure. Feature: the middle stack should be slightly larger than the rest. This will give you something like an arc. To get it beautifully, you need to cut off the tips of the petal evenly with scissors. Then the assembled petal with the help of a thread must be placed under the load, you can use any heavy object.
We tie the petals with fishing line
We make a ring. Cut another stack of 15 strips and twist. To make the design reliable, glue the ends of the strips with glue.
We twist the base ring
Then all the resulting petals need to be smeared with glue at the base and connected to a ring.
We attach ready-made petals to the warp
Sprinkle the finished craft with glitter so that it sticks, apply it to the glue. Thus, you get wonderful snowflakes for decorating your house on New Year’s holidays. It is suitable for a chandelier, Christmas tree.
We hang the finished product on the Christmas tree
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: Crafts from fir cones (large, painted) for the New Year (175+ Photos) Beautiful crafts for the holiday!
A few minutes of your time, a little imagination and you will get beautiful snowflakes that you can use to decorate your home. They are ideal for decorating a chandelier, cornice.
To make 3D, prepare: scissors, stationery knife, ruler, tape, stapler. So, step by step production:
- for manufacturing, you need to take thick paper. You can also use not traditionally white sheets, but take multi-colored ones;
- 6 squares of the same size must be cut out of paper;
Cut out six squares
- attention, they should not touch (1 cm between them);
Cut out six squares
- we open the blanks so that the cuts are vertical. Then the inner edges must be twisted into a tube, glued together;
Glue the first cut
- turn the sheet over, connect the next strips with glue. After that, turn the sheet over again, connect the third row. Thus, we get something like a flashlight;
We glue all the cuts one by one
- the same work needs to be done with all the blanks. After receiving six identical snowflakes, they need to be stapled together with a stapler. Its middle part and sides are glued together so that one beautiful volumetric.
We fasten the finished flashlights with a stapler
Making it even brighter
Colored paper or paints will help to make it brighter. So, for example, you can take to paint each of the stripes in a different color. Just do not need to use bright shades, so that it does not turn out ugly.. Better to choose blue, pink, gold, yellow.
Color every element
To do it is enough to spend a little time, patience. Then you will make decorations for the New Year holidays with your child. Also ask your kid where it is best to hang the crafts. He will be delighted to participate in such a responsible business – decorating the house for the New Year..
Paper decor for the New Year
Christmas tree, window – these are the standard options where we used to place decorations. But if you show a little imagination, then you can decorate your home in a different way. Excellent options for decoration will be: chandelier, windowsill, dining table, walls.
Crafts look very nice on New Year’s table. To decorate it, it is enough to cut out standard products from multi-colored paper, put them on the table, and fix them on top with glass or other transparent material..
Decorate every corner of your home
If you do not have enough light penetrating the windows, then this option is not for you. But if, on the contrary, you can stick the crafts on the window, but for this, do not limit yourself to making only standard options. Show your imagination, make different landscapes, pictures with paper. For example, a house in a forest surrounded by a lot of snow.