Roses from Foamiran – Large and small: 150+ (Photo) with step by step instructions. 7 detailed Master classes for beginners
Foamiran (and also foam or fom) is a modern decorative material that is great for creating flowers. It is easy and pleasant to work with this material, and the resulting flowers are very similar to real ones. Small flowers are used to create rings, earrings, beads and other jewelry. More details later in the article.
Rose of Thomas
Foamiran is a very flexible foam rubber that feels like a thin suede to the touch. Flowers made from this material are practically indistinguishable from real ones. They are used for interior compositions, attached to brooches or clothes..
Foamiran is used to create various volumetric decorative figures.. Flower can be one-color, two-color or multi-colored – it all depends on the desire of the master. It can be standard or peony, with or without stem.
Artificial roses are a great home decoration option
The rose can be small or large, used as a brooch or for photo shoots.
Following these instructions, you can make a beautiful and simple rose from Thomas. This flower can be used as a decoration for a hair clip or an elastic band..
Of the tools you will need:
- Long skewer.
- Glue gun.
Foamiran is a modern decorative material
To create you need:
- Millet groats.
- Cotton buds.
- Acrylic paints.
- First, we draw templates on a paper sheet or print ready-made ones. There should be two small templates with four petals, two medium ones with four and three large ones with five. Also draw a sepal with five leaves..
- We prepare two leaves of Thomas (one pink, the other green), 1 mm thick.
- With a skewer or a toothpick, we transfer the contours to foamiran with paper.
It is easy and pleasant to work with this material.
- We cut out the blanks along the resulting contour: two small ones with four, two medium ones with four, three with five and one sepal.
- We take a cotton swab, which will become the base, cut off the tip wrapped with cotton. From the other end, we smear a cotton swab with hot glue from a glue gun and dip it in millet or semolina.
- Until the glue is completely dry, form with fingers about a centimeter in diameter.
- Paint the ball with pink acrylic paint.
- We heat the iron weakly and in turn apply the workpieces to the iron to heat them.
The iron should not be warm, but not hot (silk-wool mode).
These flowers will be a wonderful decoration for your home.
- After that, immediately press the petal to the sponge and press it down with your finger to bend it, then gently pull it from the edge and by the middle, making it wavy. We repeat the same steps with each.
- We prepare the rest, cut out the sepal leaves, bend them and give them a wavy shape. Cutting through the leaves, we do not reach the very middle.
- Pierce the middle of the workpiece with four petals with a skewer or a toothpick. We put them on a stick, moving them closer to the ball.
- We glue them in turn and form a bud, applying a little glue.
- We put on the middle blanks, placing them so that they close the gaps between the petals in the first row. We paste in turn, slightly wind up one after the other.
The material is used to create various volumetric decorative figures.
- We repeat the same actions with the next row (each closes the space between the previous two).
- We glue all the remaining petals, completing.
- Cut off the tube from the cotton swab at the base of the flower. You can glue on a barrette or hair tie.
A simple rose for decoration is ready. Even a beginner can do it. Such a flower does not have a stem, and therefore it can be used for various hair ornaments..
Following this instruction, we will make a large tea rose from foamiran. The flower reaches 65 cm in diameter, the stem height is 1.8-2 m. Such huge flowers are used for photo shoots, room decoration and various festive events..
Combination of different types of flowers
In this master class, the rose should turn out to be open, it can also be made in the form of a bud by increasing the number of petals and placing them denser.
For manufacturing you will need:
- Three meters of plastic-metal pipe.
- Four leaves of pink foamiran.
- Corrugated green paper.
- Half leaf of green foamiran.
- Green tape.
- Secondary glue and hot glue gun.
- Six rolled newspaper tubes and cardboard.
Easy to DIY
Step by step instructions
- We take the pink foamiran and fold it in half twice, then cut it into rectangles measuring 30 * 35 cm (we need six pieces). Cut the other two rectangles from another sheet. Fold the sheets in half and cut the petals out of them.
- We cut the remaining sheet of foamiran into two squares measuring 30 * 30 cm. Six such squares are needed, so we cut the rest from the third sheet. From these squares we will cut out the same blanks, but smaller in size..
- Divide the fourth sheet into three parts (from the side 60 cm long) so that we get rectangles 70 * 20 cm, with a side 70 cm.Cut out rectangles 20 * 26 cm from them, and then blanks of the same shape.
- Stretch the workpieces by the edges, making them wavy. Stretching the largest ones, we retreat from the bottom by 10 cm.We process everything like this.
Use as decoration on clothes
Making the base
- For the base of our flower, cut out a square from cardboard 20 * 20, round off the edges. We make folds at the petals in their lower part, securing with a stapler.
- On the largest blanks (the first and second rows) we form three folds each. For the third row, we make two folds..
- We retreat five cm from the edge of the base, glue the first petals. After we glue the second and third rows, closing the gaps.
- Cut out petals 12 * 15 cm from the remaining material, there should be six of them. We give them the desired shape, make one fold at a time and glue the fourth row. We do the same with the fifth row..
- We heat the workpieces on a warm iron (silk-wool mode). We fold them into an accordion and grind them between the fingers, straighten them and give them a convex shape. We make waves on the blanks.
Stylish bouquet with pink buds
- We glue the remaining material, twisted into a funnel, in the middle. At this stage, the stemless tea rose can be considered complete. You can make a mount at the base of the flower, glue the sepal and hang on the wall.
- In this master class, we will make a stem. We take 6-7 newspaper tubes, insert them into a plastic-metal pipe, mark the length at which the tubes fit into the tube.
- According to the mark made, we strongly smear the tubes with glue. Glue the prepared mount to the base and spread it with glue.
- We put on a plastic-metal pipe on the mount and spread it well with glue. If you are going to make a removable rose, then you do not need to smear with glue.
Combination of different colors
- To form a sepal, you need to take half of a leaf of green foamiran. Cut sepal leaves out of it (there should be 6-8 of them). We cut them, put them in an accordion and then rub them with our fingers, then glue them, closing the base of the flower.
- After the sepal is ready, we begin to process the stem. To do this, we take corrugated paper (to save tape). It is needed so that the stem does not shine through.
- After the paper, wrap the tape with tape. The tea growth rose is ready. Use it as a room decoration or for photo shoots. She is no worse than large indoor flowers and palm trees..
Bouquet in Provence style
This is a great option for those who find other master classes too difficult. This rose differs from the rest of the species, since its bud consists of petals twisted in a spiral and closely spaced to each other..
To create you need:
- Foamiran (yellow and green).
- Thick hook.
- Hot glue gun.
- Ball on the handle.
- A bit of thick foam covered with a dense lint-free fabric.
Peony – easy to make
First you need to make blanks of leaves and petals. You can use cardboard to create blanks of the desired shape, or you can immediately cut it out of foamiran. Details slightly different in shape and contour will make the product more realistic.
Cut out twelve small blanks from yellow foamiran and six of the same in a different shade of yellow.
AdviceIf there is no foamiran of different shades, we use the material of the same color.
Give the petals a more realistic look and shape. We press everything, except the largest ones, to the heated iron. We put the hot part on the foam rubber and press it with a crochet in the middle.
It differs from other species in the size of the bud
In the same way, we heat up large workpieces, transfer them to foam rubber and roll them with a ball. If there is no ball, take a large bead and attach it to a skewer or knitting needle.
We string the sepal on a toothpick and apply it to the iron. Bend the tips a little. We take a thin wire and cut 4 pieces from it, at each end we bend a small loop.
We glue three blanks on each of the pieces of wire, their edges should be directed in one direction. We glue four larger pieces to these blanks. Then we form the third layer and glue three petals on each blank.
This bouquet does not require water change.
Twist the resulting blanks in pairs. Then we twist the blanks again and place them in the common middle. We glue four darker (if you use foamiran of two different shades) petals from below, then lighter ones.
Each new leaf should cover the junction of the two from the previous row. Glue the sepal last.
You can also slightly tint the edges of the petals with yellow to make it more realistic. For this we use acrylic paints or dry pastel paints..
The peony rose is ready. Can be attached with leaves, a pin, worn as a brooch, or attached to a hair tie.
A small rose made of foamiran can become a decoration for a headband or hair tie. They can be made from the remnants of this material (for example, from scraps left over from a large rose).
For a small foamiran you will need:
- Office paper.
- Universal leaf mold.
- Iranian green foamiran (or any other) for leaves.
- Marshmallow pink foamiran.
- Oil pastels in red, pink and green.
- Second glue.
Will make your home brighter and more comfortable
- We take 2 strips of material, 5 cm wide and 24 cm long, and 4 * 36 cm..
- We put them on office paper, put the second sheet on top. We go through the iron several times on both sides until the workpieces become thinner.
- Paint the tips of large blanks with red oil pastels. We put them in an accordion, rub them between the fingers. We straighten them and give them a convex shape.
- We fold the small blanks into an accordion and repeat with them all the same actions as with the large ones. We glue the blanks in pairs.
- Cut off a piece of foil 12 * 12 and roll a ball out of it, which will become the base of the flower. We glue petals to it from all sides.
Idea for a wedding bouquet
- We form the top of the center, glue the rest and the lower part, cutting off the excess. It turns out a bud. We glue together small blanks and glue the bud in the middle.
- Cut out the leaves from green foamiran, paint with green oil pastels, and the edges of the leaves with pink. Shading the paint with a sponge.
- We cut out the veins on the leaves, then we process it with an iron at a low temperature, and then squeeze it out with a mold, fix the rose with a clip. The little rose is ready.
Rose from glittering foamiran
A rose made from shiny foamiaran turns out to be very bright. It can be used as an accessory or to add a more joyful look to the interior..
Wedding table decoration
It will require:
- Glue gun.
- PVA glue.
- Foamiran of any color.
- Acrylic or pastel colors for toning.
- Stencil paper. You can also find the template on the Internet and print it..
- Small sponge.
- Polymer clay.
- Wire No. 26.
- Set of toothpicks.
- Mold for highlighting veins on leaves.
Can’t tell from the real
It is not at all necessary to use all the materials on the list. This list is suitable for people who are professionally involved in the creation of roses from foamiran.
- We make a pattern on paper. Then we cut out the templates and apply them to the foamiran, cutting out the blanks. The contour of the details on the foamiran can be drawn with a sharp toothpick or a plastic knife..
- We take a sheet of thick paper or cardboard. We draw a future petal or leaf on it. It should resemble an extended drop in shape..
- For beginners or those who draw poorly, it is better to sketch from a finished image or print templates. Cut out elements from paper and apply them to a sheet of foamiran.
- We cut out the elements on the foamiran according to the template. This should be done not with a pencil, but with a toothpick or a plastic knife. We cut out the petal along the resulting contour.
Beautiful, delicate bouquet
We cut out the number of parts we need (depending on the size of the flower). The more petals, the more magnificent it will be. It is better to cut out a few spare parts if you cannot make a neat workpiece the first time..
Let’s take polymer clay. We make a small drop out of it, put it on the end of the wire. Then we grease the base with glue and attach it to the workpiece. Instead of polymer clay, you can take cotton wool.
With a sponge, paint the base in the color we need. The most commonly used paint is red or pink. Acrylic is diluted with water and applied to the workpiece.
Lightly iron the cut out petals with a hot iron. Then we fold them in half and twist them so that they become thinner and can be wrapped inward. Replacement blanks may be needed at this stage, as they often break during tightening..
Paint the leaves green. Stretch them slightly with your fingers to give them a more natural look. Twisting the leaves.
Slightly stretch the tip of each petal, making it more wavy. We give the petals a convex shape (you can do this with your fingers or a ball). We tint the edges of the leaves by applying paint with a sponge.
Glue petals and leaves around the clay base. We glue the leaves with an overlap, closing the previous one with the end of each new petal. We fold the top of each a little so that the rose looks like a real one.
We start with the smallest petals, wrapping them around the base close to each other. At the initial stage, you should get a kind of bud. We glue medium-sized petals, covering a small part of the previous one with each petal.
We bend the edge of the last petal under the very first petal. We glue the sepal, placing its leaves in the right directions.
It will be interesting for you:
Rose on the stem
Foamiran rose on the stem can even replace the real one. It will not work for a brooch, but you can safely decorate the room with it..
To create a rose you will need:
- Glue gun.
- Wire No. 24 and No. 20.
- Patterns for petals and leaves made of cardboard.
- Green and pastel foamiran.
- Acrylic paints.
- Leaves vein impression.
- PVA glue.
- Sharp scissors.
- Polymer clay.
- Wire cutters and pliers.
Bouquet in beige
Let’s draw patterns of petals and leaves on cardboard. Also needs a sepal template.
|Large petal||5 * 6|
|Small petal||4 * 4|
|Leaflet||5 * 6|
|Sepal||7 * 6.5|
Let’s circle the outline of the cardboard stencil on the foamiran sheet with a toothpick. Let’s cut these blanks.
We mold a base in the form of a drop of self-hardening polymer clay. Foil or cotton wool is suitable instead of clay. The base should not be loose.
Take wire # 20 and bend a small loop with pliers, smear it with glue. We stick a loop from the wide part of the base.
Delicate, bridal bouquet
To give the petals a more natural look, paint the edges with dry pastels or acrylics. To do this, we wet a sponge, pick up paint with it and tint the petals on each side. Shade the lower edges of the petals with yellow, then apply a little green over the top, tint the edges of the petals with red.
Heat the petal near a warm iron (“silk-wool” mode), then fold it like an accordion. Twist the petal up to half around the axis several times, starting from the red-colored edge. This will make the petal thinner and wavy (at this stage they often break, so you need to cut out a few spare ones).
We untwist the petal and make it convex. To give a more natural look, we twist the painted part into the tube on both sides..
Combination of red, black and white
We will attach the blanks of leaves to a warm iron, then press them against the mold to make veins. Instead of an imprint, you can use toothpicks or a plastic knife.
Stretch the edges of the leaf slightly, giving them a wavy shape. Heat the sepal with an iron and twist its leaves like petals. We spin it with our fingers, make the petals bulging.
Assembling a flower
We collect our rose, placing the petals at the same level. We glue the three smallest in the first row with a glue gun. Cut off the protruding edges at the bottom and glue the petals down, pressing them down and folding them into a bud.
Putting together the second row of four small petals. We glue with an overlap, the petals should cover the connections of the two on the previous row.
Such a flower can replace a real one.
Cut off the five largest petals from below and form the next row of scraps. We glue the blanks from below.
For the fifth row, take seven large petals, smear glue on two points of the base. Glue the rest of the petals in the last row (there should be 8-10 of them if you cut out spare petals). The bottom of the flower needs to be arranged neatly.
Glue the base petals, apply a drop of glue at the base and wait until it hardens. Cut strips 0.5-0.7 cm wide from the green foamiran sheet.
Cut the tip of each strip obliquely and tightly wrap wire # 24 with it, before smearing it with glue. We glue the sheet to the wire. When gluing the second sheet, carefully hide the visible glue and wire under it.
Glue the sepal next to the base. We wrap the stem with foamiran tape and glue the leaves to it in those places where the wire is visible.
Wrap the wire with green material and assemble a rosette of three leaves. With a glue gun, glue the branches with leaves to the very bottom of the stem.
We wrap the resulting stem with a strip of foamiran so as to hide the glue. At this stage, the rose on the stem can be considered complete. Now this beautiful flower can be used to decorate rooms or use for photo shoots..
Yin-yang rose is a great option for decorating custom decor.
To create a yin-yang rose from foamiran you will need:
- Foamiran in two colors: milk and turquoise.
- 2 wires (# 26 or 28).
- A piece of styrofoam for the base of the flower (2.5 cm).
- Sharp scissors.
- Leaf mold.
- Glue gun.
- Universal clip that acts as a base for a flower (it can be used to wear a flower as a brooch or decoration for hair, bags, blouses, etc.).
A great option for decorating custom decor
If you do not have foamiran of the desired colors, you can replace it with any other. For sepals, it is better to use a darker Chinese foamiran (it is denser than regular). This is optional, the sepal can also be made from Iranian foamiran.
Cut out the details: petals, sepals and petals. To process the blanks, we will use an iron. Iranian foamiran is processed at a temperature of 120-150 degrees Celsius or on a silk-wool iron. The main thing is not to overheat the material by holding the flower element on the iron for too long, otherwise it will become less elastic, become smaller, and it will no longer be possible to process it.
Let’s start with the petals, leaving the sepals and leaves for later. All petals are processed in the same way. Let’s start processing with the smallest petals..
We process the petals very carefully, as they can break if you stretch them too much. We form the petals by stretching the edges and making them more wavy, giving them a convex shape. Petals are rarely neat the first time, so make a little more blanks than required.
Set of bright paints
We repeat all the above steps with the remaining petals, stretching the edges and giving them a convex shape. Putting all the resulting petals on the table.
Formation of the base bud
- We begin to collect the rose. We take a foam base, pierce its middle with four pieces of wire and twist them together 1.5-2 cm in length.
- We form a core from the first two petals, making it as natural as possible. The first petal should protrude about 0.5 cm above the base bud.Apply a thin layer of glue and glue the petal to the foam base.
- We put glue on the edge of the petal, connecting both edges to hide the foam base. Place the second petal opposite the first. Gently apply hot glue to the petal and glue to the base.
Beautiful red and white bouquet
- Gluing the workpiece, apply glue to the middle of the workpiece. After the part is glued, apply glue to the middle of the workpiece and glue the edges to give the rose a more natural look..
- The second edge of the petal must be left unsticked. Apply glue to the fourth petal from the edge and center, leaving the other side free of glue. Glue the last petal.
- We beautifully lay the petals in the center of the rose (that’s when the flower will look like a real one). We grab the edge of the petal, not smeared with glue, with tweezers and bend it, then press it with another petal.
Assembling a yin-yang rose
At the moment, six milk foamiran petals are glued. The first two are those that cover the base, the other four are glued in a circle. It turns out that the first three petals formed the first circle, the other three – the second circle..
Everyone will like this bouquet.
When we glue the last two milky petals, we apply turquoise to the rose and glue them overlapping to the first half. Each petal leaves in one direction, while “covering” the next.
We glue the fifth, sixth and seventh turquoise small petals. Moving on to the milky middle petals. There should be a small space between the petals, so the middle ones should be turned away from the small ones, applying glue to the edge of the petal.
AdviceTo make the rose open, you need to pinch the base of the petal a little. Sometimes we check if all the petals are glued at about the same height.
Evaluating the balance of milk and turquoise foamiran petals. The last row has six turquoise petals. We glue the last petal and put it under the edge of the first.
We glue the next row of milky petals. From time to time we check if the rows of all petals are at the same height.
The last row contains seven light petals. The number of petals depends on how open your rose is and what size it is..
Let’s move on to a row of turquoise petals. Be sure to make tucks on the petals – this is necessary in order to make the rose more open. After the last turquoise petal is glued, place it under the petal of the previous row.
We pass on to the completion in the design of our yin-yang rose. We prepare the sepal, foam base and leaves. We form an impression by heating on a hot iron and combining the middle of the mold and the sheet.
You can decorate the dining table with a bouquet
Now the leaf has streaks. The edge can be twisted or bent a little. We also process all the leaves..
Large leaves may not fit into the mold, but that’s okay. In this case, you need to place the sheet in the mold as much as it fits, the lower part will still not be visible. When processing sepals, heat each petal separately.
To make a brooch, cut off the protruding wire, bending its end towards the top. Gently glue the sepal, placing all five leaves in the right places. We glue the sepal petals so that they cover the places where the leaves are glued.
Now we glue the fasteners. Let’s examine the resulting rose and select the edge that will be considered the top. We glue the mount on this side of the flower – this is necessary so that the rose does not dangle or turn over while wearing.
The yin-yang rose decoration is ready. Use it to decorate clothes or as an accessory.
VIDEO: Making a rose from foamiran for beginners
As you can see, there are a lot of options. The main desire, patience and a little time.