Artificial flowers for home interiors: Beauty for years to come (bouquets, compositions, ekibans)
Artificial flowers are suitable for decorating any room. They will make it brighter and more comfortable, will help you not to worry about constant care..
Everyone wants to add variety to their daily life, but what’s the best way to do it? You can make the atmosphere of any room brighter and more comfortable with figurines, crafts, souvenirs and other trinkets. However, the easiest way is to decorate your home or workplace with flowers. They will easily fit into any interior style, make the room more lively and fill it with colors..
Artificial flowers are suitable for decorating any room
How do you feel about using artificial flowers? We are sure that with caution and even with a grain of salt. In vain! We assure you that it is they who provide much more opportunities to carry out the original decor..
In addition, modern artificial analogues are in no way inferior in appearance to living plants, they are unpretentious in care and will delight the owners for a long time. Artificial plants serve as the basis for many creative original compositions – bouquets, panel, ekiban, collages and garlands. The popularity of such decor came to us from Europe and is growing every year..
Will easily fit into any interior style
Advantages and Disadvantages of Using Artificial Flowers
The aesthetic benefits for indoor use of flowers and plants are obvious. They enhance the interior design and are fun. But all too often the psychological benefits are ignored or simply forgotten..
There are many studies that document that having flowers and plants in an office environment reduces stress, increases job satisfaction, and improves employee morale, creativity and productivity. The use of artificial analogs has a number of pros and cons. We invite you to familiarize yourself with them.
The aesthetic benefits are clear
- they do not need to be transplanted, watered, fed the soil;
- they do not require natural light, that is, they can be placed in hallway, bathroom and other dark corners;
- there is no earth – the main source of dirt; children or a pet cannot overturn the pot, empty the contents on carpet;
- the plant does not get sick, does not dry out, there are no fallen dry leaves around it;
- a child or beloved pet does not risk being poisoned or pricked by a plant he likes;
- people with pollen allergies can enjoy a beautiful analogue;
- you will not worry about who will water the flowers when you leave;
- artificial plants are a great opportunity for creative people. You can express yourself and decorate your home with beautiful flower arrangements;
- if you need to move from one place to another, you will have no problem.
No need to replant, water, feed the soil
- even artificial plants require regular care – the leaves and buds will have to be cleaned of dust, washed;
- you can forget about the delicate floral scent spreading throughout the house;
- if they stand on a windowsill or balcony, they will soon risk burning out and losing their aesthetic appearance;
- cheap counterparts can emit an unpleasant odor, sometimes even cause allergies.
AdviceFor an artificial bouquet to give a delicate aroma, there is a simple way out. You can resort to essential oils. A few drops on cloth flowers – and pleasant incense will fill the room.
Does not require natural light
Artificial plants in the interior of various rooms
Artificial flower arrangements can be placed in any room, but it is important to understand the most harmonious combinations and correctly determine the place for them. Consider the overall style of the room when decorating. For example, gladioli or roses are suitable for the baroque style, and provencal style – bright sunflowers.
The hallway is often the darkest place in the house, where natural light does not get well, and the electric one turns on extremely rarely. Living flora placed in the hallway will quickly wither and die. Therefore, this room is considered ideal for decorating with plants made of fabric, plastic, polymer clay..
In the interior of the hallway
The hallway is what your guests see first, so give it as much attention as the living room. She deserves a little effort on our part and creative ideas. As a rule, this room is quite cramped, therefore it will be favorably emphasized by a liana, which will gently hang from the side wall of the wardrobe with outerwear. If there is more space in your hallway, it will be appropriate to place a tall floor vase with herbs..
AdviceIf your hallway has an old renovation, a mess and it just looks neglected, do not place flowers there. This will further emphasize her lack of grooming and worsen the impression. It is better to quickly get down to repairs and putting things in order.!
No land – the main source of dirt
Small magazine little table, shelf or the top of the bedside table can also be decorated with a modest composition. Hang a wreath on the front door. Mirror will stand out unusually if decorated with small glass vials with flowers.
Kitchen – another room in which you can rarely see natural bouquets. This is due to constant cooking fumes and generally dry air. The family spends a lot of time in this room.. Cooking, dining and talking is an important daily ritual, so interesting details in the interior will help create a sense of home..
Perfectly fit into the interior of the kitchen
Decorative elements should emphasize the atmosphere of comfort and correspond to the overall area. We recommend that you decorate the kitchen shelves with small vases and baskets, which ideally complement the jars of cereals and spices.. Interesting option – pots.
The dining table will look more elegant if you put a vase next to the fruit platter. To make the interior of the kitchen more original, replace the standard planters with an old teapot, glasses or fancy-shaped salad bowls. It is in this room that compositions of dried flowers, herbs and even twigs with dried berries or fruits will be most appropriate..
The dining table will look more elegant
AdvicePlace imitation violets on the windowsill, upper tier cabinets or shelves, decorate with authentic clay pots with wildflowers. Place a jug with variegated plants on the dining table.
Living room – the most comfortable room, a gathering place for the whole family. It has the largest area. Because of this, the living room is considered the best place for floristic experiments.. The classic “professorial” interior can be complemented by a large palm tree with a pot in the corner of the room and tall vases with gladioli or roses.
The plant does not get sick, does not dry, there are no fallen dry leaves around it
Scandinavian the design suggests a lot of flowering plants, so place several transparent vases with artificial orchids, begonias and fancy-shaped ceramic pots.
AdviceIf your living room does not have a pronounced style, arrange flowers by intuition – on tables, book shelves, free parts of the room. If it has a real or fake fireplace, place a nice medium-sized vase on top of it. A voluminous bouquet will favorably emphasize the elegance of the room..
Add small bouquets to bookcases and shelves that go well with figurines or decorative candles. You can use artificial driftwood, put natural stones next to them. Decorate the coffee table in the living room with a vase or an openwork salad bowl with pears and apples, as well as an artificial apple tree branch in bloom.
Unusual, eco-friendly interior
Flowers in bedroom should be pleasing to the eye and set for relaxation. We do not recommend piling it up with a lot of unnatural floristic compositions, as they collect a lot of dust. Opt for delicate shades of floral arrangements – light pinks, peaches, whites and blues. Ceramic vases also need to be color-matched.
AdviceDecorate it with small transparent vases with petals. Take a closer look at the modest bouquets of dried flowers, the delicate aroma of spices will only contribute to a restful sleep.
Place small vases on the bedside tables, the wall behind bed decorate with delicate garland or climbing artificial plants.
In the interior of the bedroom
In the bathroom, due to the high humidity, it makes no sense to keep natural bouquets, while products made of polymer clay or plastic will not deteriorate and add comfort. Consider the overall design of the bathroom and decorate accordingly. You can put a large glass vase next to your makeup cabinet or decorate a mirror.
AdviceUse floral décor for more than just permanent decoration of your home. Choose songs for specific holidays or seasons. For example, on the eve of Christmas, you can decorate the front door with a wreath with mistletoe, and prepare a composition of buttercups for Easter.
In the interior of the bathroom
Flower arrangements: varieties
Flower arrangements are perfect for room decor. They are unpretentious and easy to care for. The carefully thought-out faux decor will last for years. It will revitalize the living space, help create a positive attitude. What types of compositions exist?
Flowers in pots
Exact copies of real plants are very popular in home decoration., offices, beauty salons and restaurants. They look good and successfully mask room flaws. This applies to a fork in communications or bare pipes. Climbing plants, or rather their imitations, well distract attention from pipes.
Large flowerpots with artificial palms or figs also cope with the task of hiding layout flaws.. Mostly artificial plants in pots are made green with an unusual leaf shape, only occasionally flowering species are used.
AdviceYou can enhance the effect of naturalness with the help of green twigs, they will not differ from the real ones. You can use a floral sponge or foam as a base..
Exact copy of real plants
Flowers in glass vases
Surely you have a couple of three unoccupied glass vases that you received as a gift for one of the holidays. They have nothing to stand idle, use them for original compositions and decorate your House. It will not be difficult to compose a beautiful intricate bouquet, the main thing is to take into account the size and shape of your vase.
The tall and narrow version is well suited for artificial roses or tulips, while in a small wide vase, feel free to place a neat bouquet with cut stems.
AdviceAdd the likeness of living plants and pour water into the vase for a natural look. Small flowers in a glass or glass will look harmonious in the kitchen, and a tall glass vase will decorate the dining table.
The German art style in bouquets is suitable for both artificial and real flowers. Large flower heads on short stems gather in a round bouquet. Identical elements (plants, decor) are placed in circles.
AdviceMake a bouquet of both different plants and of the same flowers in different shades (for example, white and purple roses). Arrange each decorative element very tightly, add spikelets or beads if desired.
In the composition of the Biedermeier style, no leaves or the stems themselves should be visible, only the buds and inflorescences themselves. This luxury fits perfectly into the interior of the living room and bedroom. However, you need to pay attention to the colors. For the second option, choose products in delicate and pastel colors..
Prepare thoroughly, purchase materials of the desired colors and other decorative elements in advance. It is important to make at least four circles, so you will have to prepare a lot of artificial buds..
A child or beloved pet is not at risk of poisoning or injections
Artificial floristic compositions are often decorated in panels. Massive elements have long been made using a wire panel at the base, as well as moss. Later, with the development of the industry, they were replaced by special sponges, which are sold in floristry stores..
The composition in visible artificial flowers, greens and fruits is tightly placed on this sponge so that there is no free space at all. They come in different sizes.
The flower decoration, which is easy to hang on the wall, can also serve as a lamp. We recommend using the baskets only in spacious rooms. In small narrow rooms, they will not look profitable and steal space..
AdvicePlace both a classic luxurious bouquet and a climbing plant in the basket. Ivy will help hide the flaws of the repair, suitable for various wall decoration options.
In the interior of the living room
Basic materials and care
Amazing low-maintenance floristic products made from a variety of materials.
The most popular are:
- polymer clay;
- the cloth;
Beautiful artificial bouquets need constant care. You can maintain a clean and tidy appearance in the following ways:
- apply a feather duster;
- compositions with a smooth surface (for example, or plastic or polymer clay) are best wiped with a damp napkin;
- as a liquid for a spray bottle, mix water and apple cider vinegar in equal proportions;
- fabric elements can be taken to dry cleaning.
It will be interesting for you:
With your own hands: a master class on making beauty
Making compositions for your home can turn into a hobby. We invite you to familiarize yourself with the master class, as a result of which you can recreate amazing ranunculus. Delicate inflorescences will decorate the bedroom or living room!
Easy to clean
To create a composition, you will need:
- polymer clay;
- scissors (it is advisable to find a model with curved ends);
AdviceTo recreate the natural veins of the flower, use mold. Unfortunately, it will be difficult to find a mold that mimics ranunculus. Therefore, feel free to purchase the option with rose veins..
Great opportunity for creative people
- Read the instructions on the polymer clay packaging. Some manufacturers recommend leaving it for a while before sculpting to allow it to breathe. Clay from other suppliers can be started right away.
- Let’s start by making ranunculus yellow shade. Prepare three types of clay – yellow, green, unpainted. The first will be needed for most of the petals, the second for the middle.
- Roll up two colored balls. In one green and one yellow, add a little unpainted material to make them a little paler..
- Pinch off a small piece of green color, roll it with your hands into a ball. Prepare a piece of wiring and first bend its top to form a loop. Dip it in glue and thread a small ball.
You can do it yourself
- Use scissors to create the center of the flower. Make several cuts, moving from the top to the center. The bottom must remain intact.
- Now we start making a petal. Separate another piece from the green clay. Roll it out into an oval shape. Use a stack and make a flat piece of clay curl at the sides. Thus, make four more petals..
- Use glue and attach them to the base of the flower. Each petal should be slightly overlapping..
- Now we use a light green clay. Make the petals in the same way and glue them to the bud in a circle. Several rows need to be recreated.
- From light yellow clay, glue two more rows of delicate petals.
- The last rows of bright yellow color must be made no longer smooth, but with characteristic veins. For this you need a mold.
- Peel off five pieces of bright green clay and roll out a flower cup. Glue it to the base.
That’s all, the flower is done. To get a complete composition, make at least six more such beautiful inflorescences. Combine shades!
You can originally decorate the dining table for the arrival of guests with the help of flowers from napkins.
- multilayer napkins;
AdviceChoose bright napkins in rich colors. To create a bud, select four napkins of the same color and one of the other. They must be in harmony with each other. For example, we use four red and one white napkins..
Stylish flower pot
- Unfold the red napkins and place them one on top of the other.
- Cut off the edges of the white napkin and place it on top.
- Gently fold the layers into an accordion, tie exactly in the middle with a thread.
- Round the edges and smoothly straighten the bud.
- Insert a toothpick into its base and glue it with tape.
- Use tape to hide the tape.
Such artificial products will resemble real carnations in shape.!