Toys made of threads or how to please a child out of nothing: 155+ (Photo) unique and beautiful DIY crafts with master classes (soft, on a Christmas tree, from balls)
On the eve of a children’s or main holiday, families and loving mothers strive to decorate their homes with interesting decorations. Some varieties are suitable for the main decor of the created interior. Especially popular are toys made of threads, which are made in numerous techniques – everyone can express themselves. Next, we will consider in detail the popular and simple techniques for making toys from threads, their use in interior decor.
Knitted toys are not easy to make, but they are nicely combined with the embodied interior in the house. So, you can knit or crochet toys. The disadvantage of the presented venture is the inability to cope with the manufacture of a toy, if you have never held knitting needles or a hook in your hands.
Knitted babies will surely delight your child
There are the following options for knitting toys from threads:
- Knitted pillow toys. Often these are standard pillows, knitted with a front or shawl satin stitch, followed by decor. For example, if cats are formed, it is necessary to knit a square or rectangle, fill it with cotton wool and other types of filler, and finally embroider a mustache on the “muzzle”, tie two corners, forming ears.
- Crochet toys for home theater. Toys made of threads can be versatile if they are made small in size with a special hole inside (crocheted in the shape of a cone). Such products are attractively placed on the shelf, are used when children play, when strung on fingers.
- Crochet toys. These wonderful products are made for children or as decorative items. Various “coasters”, coin holders, knitted figurines, made in a color suitable for the interior, can complement the entire design of the room..
Toys can be versatile
AdviceYou should not tackle complex products if you do not have knitting skills. It is enough to pay attention to anti-stress pillows, which are crocheted or knitted in the shape of a toy and filled with special plastic balls. Make these toys in the color of the room textiles and place them in the corners of the sofa..
It is better to take on simpler toys if you do not have a lot of experience.
From threads for washcloths
Enterprising mothers use threads for knitting washcloths for knitting toys to attract a child to water procedures. Not all babies love to take a bath, and even more so to wash with washcloths, even if they are soft and designed specifically for children..
Washcloth toys for fun bathing children
Mothers began to lure children by knitting funny toys in the following forms:
- strawberries, watermelons;
- cartoon characters – Minions or Smeshariki.
It will be more interesting to swim with such a strawberry
The product can be made in two versions – on a loop in the form of standard washcloths, or as a mitten. In the first case, it is convenient to use knitted fruits and vegetables, hedgehogs, flowers and Smeshariki. In the form of a mitten, it will be interesting to look at the sun with rays and any animal.
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: What you need to know to create a beautiful applique
From woolen threads
For beginners in needlework, the technique of making toys from wool is recommended. This implies the obligatory use of woolen thread of different colors..
Woolen threads can be used even as they are without needles or a crochet hook.
Craft options can be represented by the following list:
- Pom-pom toys – the most common interior decoration option. With the help of pompons, they collect compositions, make toys for children or baby mobiles for babies.
- Dreamcatcher – The embroidery hoop and woolen thread are used here. With proper winding using different colors of threads, you can recreate a dream catcher or just a craft for a child – a sun, a heart, a cut fruit, etc..
- Homemade brush compositions – Often, special voluminous brushes are made from woolen thread (winding yarn with a cut in one side and pulling the base on the other side). By several constrictions with a thread, you can make a snake, a caterpillar, a bird with a head and tail, and even a doll.
Dreamcatcher “Solar Wind”
- Amulets of various shapes are often made from similar homemade brushes.. For example, a doll amulet in the house is able to protect those living in it from the evil eye and damage. To make it, they simply fold the thread in several layers and, by a certain pulling of the threads in the corresponding sections, form a figure – separate the head, body, arms and leave the doll a skirt (the master class of the technique is described below).
- Figures of animals and dolls are often made of woolen threads using the felting technique.. The thread processing technology is complex, so only people who know the features of the thread and the rules in work resort to this..
Cute bunnies made of pompons
Children and adults often experience an allergic reaction to wool, so the choice of thread is treated with caution. In addition, wool products collect more dust, and as a result, the crafts must be washed constantly, especially if they are used by children in games everywhere..
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: How to make DIY volumetric paper crafts? 6 Step-by-step workshops for your decor
Making decorations for the Christmas tree
2-3 months before the New Year, families think about the principle and idea of the celebration. Do not forget about jewelry, which is easy to make with your own hands from threads..
Christmas ball made of threads with lace
In this issue, three manufacturing techniques are distinguished:
- “Dense” ball on the Christmas tree – to make it, you need to take a standard ball for a Christmas tree (it is better if it is sprinkled with sparkles or has a relief surface), and wrap it with glue and thread. For decoration, both melange yarn and plain yarn with strung beads or beads are suitable..
- “Balloon – this is a different way of making a Christmas tree decoration from threads. Here you need to take a balloon, inflate it to a small size and wrap it with a thread in a chaotic manner (the thread is preliminarily passed through PVA glue). Then the workpiece is dried, the ball is carefully punctured and deflated – a “balloon” remains.
- Shapes and elements from thread – with the help of thread, glue and a rubber mat (or a piece of polyethylene), you can make any crafts and figures on the Christmas tree. To do this, pour a small amount of PVA glue onto the base and distribute it evenly. Next, you need to lay out the thread in a chaotic manner, but according to the shape of the object being embodied (asterisk, herringbone, mitten, snowman, etc.). After the glue and threads are dry, you can remove the product from the base and hang it on the tree.
A tree made of threads looks original and interesting
These simple toys are easy to make with children, so spend your free time with benefit and interest..
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: DIY crafts from natural material for every taste
From corks and threads
Toys made from corks and threads are quite interesting. The technique involves the correct placement of the plugs, as well as the use of additional wire. After that, they start winding and winding the thread in a certain sequence and angle, in order to obtain a figure as a result, which is further additionally decorated.
Thread and cork gift ideas
A master class with a step-by-step photo can be presented in the following form using the example of making a bunny:
- It is necessary to prepare a wine cork and wire in a small amount, but dense with the ability to easily take shape.
- It is required to make 6 pieces of wire of such length that it can be folded in half – required for paws and ears.
- Next, the wire is inserted into the appropriate places in the cork – two at the bottom for the legs, two on the sides and the same at the top for the ears. Loops remain outside when folded.
- The frame for the rabbit is ready. Next, using thread and glue, they form a toy, wrapping all the parts separately – first they wind the wire parts, and then move on to the cork.
When completing the work, they must hide the threads under the winding and, if desired, glue them. It is required to glue the eyes, nose, and draw the mouth in the muzzle area.
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: DIY crafts from natural material (+185 Photos). Your child can do it!
Making an octopus
DIY toys are always carefully stored and used by children, so the child can be offered to make an octopus on their own from threads. For manufacturing, you need a woolen or acrylic thread of a bright shade and scissors.
Do-it-yourself options for octopuses
The manufacturing sequence is as follows:
- It is required to fold the thread in several layers for a length of 50-60 cm.To make the octopus large, it may take more than one skein of yarn.
- Further, the threads are cut at both ends – separate segments of the thread will be obtained.
- It is necessary to step back about 25 cm from the upper edge and tie the “shock” of threads with a rope or a beautiful ribbon.
- Then step back from the tied area about 17 cm and tie the threads again – you should get a ball of thread with “hair” on the head and still unformed legs below.
- The lower ends need to be distributed evenly over 7-8 tentacles. To form each, braid a braid, pre-distributing a separate “shock” of threads into three parts. Tie up with a ribbon.
- Braid the remaining tentacles in the same way..
- Glue eyes, nose, and smile on the octopus’s face.
AdviceTo make the octopus more colorful and vibrant, use hair ties for tying. The more colors, the brighter the toy – it is more interesting for a child to play with it.
Toys made of threads are something new, unknown to children, since modern products no longer cause the expected delight in kids. To please your child, you don’t have to be a professional and learn numerous techniques in needlework. It is enough to approach business with enthusiasm and start small – weaving or winding. Make your kids happy with unusual things to make them proud.