Plant pest control agent – Akarin (instructions for use)
The drug Akarin, the instructions for the use of which are given below, in many respects differs from similar agents for the control of plant pests. Finding a good remedy for aphids, ticks, beetles that spoil vegetables, berry crops is not so easy. The most famous chemicals cannot be used during the harvest due to toxicity, and the pests themselves have already developed “immunity” to their action. And biological products, although they are not toxic, do not differ in efficiency, as well as in a long shelf life. Therefore, gardeners should take note of a new generation drug – Akarin.
Description of the drug
Initially, Akarin was developed by OOO NPF “Agrovetservice” as a means to protect currant bushes from spider mites. But when they began to use it, it turned out that it effectively destroys other harmful insects (aphids, Colorado beetles, bear, caterpillars, ants, ticks, leaf rollers).
The active ingredient Akarin – avertin-N – is an extract from soil fungi streptomycetes, which produce neurotoxins.
In addition to 100% destruction of pests, Acarin has a number of advantages that distinguish it from other agricultural pesticides:
- By killing parasites, the drug does not destroy beneficial insects and other life forms, for example, earthworms.
- The active substance is not absorbed by the root system of the plant and does not accumulate in its fruits.
- 2-3 days after processing, fruits and vegetables can be eaten without fear of poisoning.
- Since the drug acts selectively, destroying only parasites, and not the plant itself or its flowers, it is also advisable to use Akarin for indoor plants, as well as for garden crops.
- The effect of the pesticide increases with increasing ambient temperature.
- The main component is not addictive to pests with regular use.
- On the open ground, the drug decomposes into safe components after 2-4 days, depending on the season (in summer – in 2 days).
- The processing effect is achieved very quickly. Sucking pests die in a maximum of 16 hours, and gnawing pests – in a maximum of 8 hours.
- Savings in processing. Plants do not need to be doused with solution. It is enough just to spray them or moisten the leaves when it comes to indoor plants..
Akarin is on sale in the form of ampoules of 2.4 or 5 ml and in cans in packaging of 1 and 5 liters..
On the back of the package there is a detailed instruction for the use of Akarin. This is important because not all packages of agricultural pesticides contain information about their properties and usage patterns..
The principle of action of Akarin
The drug has a contact-intestinal action. This means that when the parasites again want to feast on the plant, the components of Akarin will penetrate into their body through the esophagus and begin to affect the nervous system. After a few hours, the parasites’ ability to absorb and assimilate plant tissues is blocked. Without getting nutrients, they are no longer able to move around. And after a couple of hours there is no trace of their former prowess – they die.
Even if the pest does not eat the plant, the active substances of the drug will still penetrate into its body through the integument when spraying or when it begins to move through the treated areas.
To strengthen the root system and stimulate growth, Akarin can be mixed with other surfactants or preparations with fungicidal or insecticidal properties. The exception is pesticides with an alkaline composition that reacts with the active substance avertin-N.
Akarin – instructions for using the product
Before starting work, you should decide on the dose, because correct calculations will help to achieve the greatest effect and maximum protection of the crop and plants.
The required amount of Akarin should be diluted in 0.5 liters of warm water, mixed thoroughly, and then gradually add water, bringing the solution to the required volume. The finished mixture is poured into the spray tank.
Processing should be carried out at an air temperature of 20 ° C to 25 ° C. If it is reduced to 15 ° C, then the efficiency from spraying will decrease by 10 times. At temperatures above 25 ° C, the effectiveness of the drug is increased by 4 times. However, it makes no sense to carry out such a procedure during the day, in the very heat, since the pests have already eaten up by that time and are more engaged in reproduction or dispersal. Therefore, the best time to kill parasites is morning (before 9:00) and evening (after 18:00).
Plants need to be processed in calm weather, and so that there is no rain the day before and after the procedure. Otherwise, the drops of rain the day before will prevent the solution from adhering to the leaves. And if it rains within 24 hours after treatment, it will wash off the solution and the procedure will have to be repeated again.
Spray the solution directly on the infected surface or on the places of mass accumulation of parasites.
Weeds, laid eggs or clusters of aphids in swirling leaves reduce the effect of the drug. Before treatment, it is important to get rid of weeds, remove all curled leaves and destroy all clutches of eggs.
To keep the drug on the leaves longer, you can add a secret ingredient to the liquid mixture: 1 tbsp. washing powder or shampoo.
Akarin has the longest shelf life of any agricultural pesticide – 2 years. Keep in a cool, dark place away from food and medicine. The finished solution must be worked out within 6 hours. Unused liquid should be disposed of according to the instructions for use of Akarin..
The rest of the solution can be poured under the bushes of any vegetable crop, for example, potatoes – to avoid contamination of plants with wireworm.
Treatment of indoor plants with Acarin
If wet wiping the leaves or disinfection with ultraviolet light does not help, then you can use Akarin.
The processing of domestic plants has its own nuances. For example:
- Spraying should be carried out on the balcony, in the bathroom, on the street or in the entrance. The solution must not come into contact with food, personal items, animals, body parts or eyes..
- If the treatment took place at home, then after the procedure, you need to perform a thorough wet cleaning. Do not allow people or animals to touch them until the solution on the leaves is completely dry.
- Before processing the leaves of the plant (on both sides), do not wipe them with a damp cloth. Moisture interferes with the penetration of the solution.
- If we are talking about a violet, then before spraying, it is necessary to remove the buds and flowers. During the “treatment” the plant needs a little “rest”.
- For prevention purposes, all flowers in the house should be sprayed, even healthy ones..
- With the remains of Akarin, you can wipe the window sill and window frame so that possible pests do not even come close to the plant. After a couple of days, the treated surface should be wiped with soapy water..
- After the end of the “treatment”, the plant should be placed in a room without drafts and direct sunlight..
If the pests did not disappear the first time, then the destruction procedure must be repeated after a week..
Work with the drug should be carried out with glasses, gloves, a respirator and a protective suit. At the end of the procedure, hands and PPE are washed in soapy water, the suit is washed.
If the solution comes into contact with the body or eyes, rinse the affected area thoroughly. If the mixture is swallowed inside, rinse the stomach and drink a sorbent (activated carbon or other agent). If relief does not come, go to the hospital.