Gold color in the interior – Elegant design among sophistication and luxury (205+ Photos of the kitchen, bedroom, living room)
Even the most unpretentious interior can be revived. The best option is to use the golden decoration wisely. This color is always associated with well-being, wealth and luxury. Even a slight use of this shade will turn the room into a royal suite that will delight guests. What should you pay attention to? What colors does it match? Find out further with our article.
What colors is gold combined with?
The golden color goes well with warm tones – chocolate, brown, red and its tones. Contemporary styles high tech, modern, fusion uses bright golden accents, so a more daring combination is acceptable for them. Silver is especially popular, yellow, Orange, green, turquoise, coral and pink tones. Gold with black – a beautiful, catchy and aristocratic combination.
Gold is the color of wealth and beauty
The most optimal solution is to rely on a classic base. In combination with such a bright sunny color, a shade should be used that takes up about 50% of the space in the interior. These are white, beige tones, endowed with the ability to set off the extravagance of golden.
It occupies a large part of the interior compared to others.
|Gold + red, burgundy, marsala, purple||It is better to choose not “poisonous” tones of red, but muted ones, in order to avoid the heaviness and gloom of the room. The introduction to the palette of the room in white and beige will also look good.|
|Gold + brown and its shades||An excellent combination with both light shades (beige, cream) and dark (coffee, chocolate). The room will reign comfort and warmth|
|Gold + green, mint, turquoise||Cool turquoise and gold are great partners. White color will give harmony to such a tandem (you can use cream)|
|Gold – black||This tandem is especially popular with modern designers. An unexpected decision will help to change the interior beyond recognition. It can be diluted with an abundance of white or its insignificant splashes – in any case it will look elegant|
By choosing the right combination of shades, you will be able to achieve an amazing result, create an inimitable style..
What to look for?
Gold wall decoration can be done in different ways..
Sticking wallpaper Is the simplest solution. But you need to remember that along with the golden color, they have a variety of patterns – geometric shapes, floral patterns, stripes. Any of these methods, combined with a lighter base background, makes the room visually spacious..
Simple decoration solution – wallpapering
You can not paste over the whole room with golden wallpaper, but focus on some specific detail. This will give the room austerity and proportion..
In whatever design the room is made, gold should take up no more than 1/3 of the space. Otherwise, the room will look pretentious..
It is not necessary to glue all the walls under gold.
When decorating walls with gold, you need to remember some features:
- When planning to decorate a large room, it is best to make a bright accent with the help of paintings., mirrors in gold frames on the walls.
- If the walls of the room are made in shades of gold, then all other details should be in neutral tones..
- Furniture for such a room it is better to choose white or gray, curtains monochromatic and minimal parts.
- Warm gold can visually reduce the room, so this shade should not be used in small rooms..
- When deciding on the choice of “golden” wallpaper, it is better to dwell on options with strict geometric patterns or vertical lines. Monograms will look pompous, and the hieroglyphs are more from a series of oriental motifs.
- Avoid a combination of glossy and matte textures of gold tones..
Photo wallpaper with golden drops
AdviceAn overabundance of gold can ruin the interior, so you need to be careful when using such a shade for walls..
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: Interior in turquoise colors – The choice of outstanding personalities (235+ Photos). What color is combined?
Curtains golden color – an opportunity to add notes of luxury, beauty and comfort to the familiar interior.
Before buying golden curtains, it is recommended to study a few simple rules:
- curtains of this shade go well with tulle a different color;
- not suitable for windows of non-standard shapes;
- such an element looks terrible in rooms with a small area and low ceilings;
- proximity to silver is not the best option;
- curtains fit only long, 2-3 cm short of the floor.
Brocade curtains with lambrequin
Golden curtains can be harmoniously fit into any interior style: classic, baroque, empire, art deco, modern, fusion, oriental styles. They look especially organic in monochrome decorations..
Gold is a very moody color. To avoid oversaturation, you can choose curtains in other shades with gilded patterns, monograms or threads..
Don’t oversaturate the room with gold
AdviceSolid gold canvases do not require any additions, as they themselves absorb space.
Perfect addition – home textiles
To create a single complete ensemble, picture and mirror frames, candlesticks, figurines, gilded carvings on pieces of furniture are suitable.
Gold curtains can be used in any room, but they will look especially good in the living room. An additional effect can be achieved due to the “flowing” light fabric against the background of peach and chocolate tones.
Inspirational shades in the interior of the kitchen
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: Style, Comfort and Beauty (170+ Photos): interior in black and white (living room, bedroom, kitchen)
Using small details, decorated with gold, it is possible to focus on the true value of this noble metal. A sense of restraint is especially important here. There are many nuances in creating such an interior.. They cannot be ignored:
- modern gold wallpaper with floral patterns is an indicator of style and fashion. Possessing lightness and weightlessness, they will not look pretentious;
- textiles with gold splashes will organically look in any interior. You can dwell on furniture upholstery with golden hues, pillows, bedspreads, figurines, lamps, etc.
In the classic version, when nothing is superfluous
- the use of wooden furniture with gilding blends harmoniously with the classics of the modern design world. The peak of popularity is considered to be a shiny metal of a muted shade, close to dark;
- have not lost their relevance and chandeliers, trimmed with golden glass beads hanging in the form of threads. Gold plated lighting fixtures will make any room warmer and brighter. The main thing is that they match the color scheme;
- mirror – this is the most interesting and multifunctional design element, and if it is still in a gold frame, then with its help you can successfully beat the interior. It gets along well with any furniture;
We successfully beat the interior with a mirror
- will look spectacular and beautiful photos and paintings in a gold frame. Yellow, orange, green, turquoise, coral and pink backgrounds will help to emphasize their showiness;
- an interesting find – various art objects, for example, large-sized paintings painted in gold, or a gilded sculpture that will attract attention;
- bathroom with golden tints – refined and elegant. As an element, you can use a gold wash area. An excellent solution is a golden bathroom, which will look especially gorgeous against the background of walls lined with natural stone;
- in the kitchen, a small chandelier can play the role of a gold fragment, mosaic apron, pens lockers. Such elements will be appropriate in any style..
Refined and elegant bathroom
Gold accents are a sophisticated addition to any décor. Armed with a spray can and paint, you can turn any object, even the most unattractive, into a luxurious decorative find.
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: Lilac Color in the interior – 210+ (Photo) A wide variety and combination of shades
The interiors of the rooms in “gold”
Decorating the interior of each room is a special process. In different rooms, the same color scheme will look different.
The golden palette looks perfect in the interior living room. Wallpaper decorated in gold can act as an accent. It is better to choose furniture in black, brown or beige colors..
Light or beige wallpaper allows you to attract textiles, flowerpots, furnishings for decoration. The main rule is to adhere to asymmetry.. Visually, such accents look very rich. In the living room, a picture in a gilded frame can be placed on one wall, the other should remain empty. Gold curtains are a sign of the wealth of the owners. For many, it is important that due to this color in the apartment it will be possible to make the room brighter.
When two colors create a rich setting
Mostly the bedroom is finished in light colors, among which white, milky, peach, pearl predominate.. Gold elements perfectly complement the color scheme. At their expense, it will be possible to fill the room with even greater comfort and warmth..
Solemnity and coziness can be achieved through golden wallpaper with a print.
Stucco molding in the color of precious metal, fanciful figurines, gold lamp shades and gilded mirror frames will emphasize the grace of the Baroque style.
Stucco molding in the bedroom with hints of gold
Elegant textiles decorated with gold ornaments will fit perfectly into the canons of classicism.
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: Pink fairy tale: 220+ (Photo) Combination options in the interior of different rooms
In the bathroom, you can safely use accessories in golden shades. They will play the role of decor and a kind of glare, which will form the basis of the design concept..
Plumbing details trimmed with gold, for example, handles and taps, a heated towel rail, a soap dispenser, a hanger for bath accessories, will look very nice and harmonious..
Bathroom in gold – beautiful and rich
The shine and shine of the golden elements can be emphasized by the light tone of the wall covering. The golden frames of mirrors, lamps and even decor on tiles of a similar tone look beneficial in the bathroom.
But you need to remember that if a small room with insufficient lighting is selected for the bathroom, then such an interior refinement will only aggravate the situation, visually reducing the already cramped space.
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: Blue: Zen color in interiors to achieve serenity. 210+ (Photo) Color combinations in the kitchen, living room, bedroom
In kitchen design
Checkout kitchen gold can be in any style. This color is endowed with the property of reflecting light rays, it can be used to decorate a wall that is not well lit..
White with gold – a classic combination
The feeling of the fullness of the kitchen with bright light can be achieved thanks to the golden wallpaper glued to the desired wall or plaster of the same color.
You can also pay attention with gold to an apron – a special place in the kitchen. The most advantageous option is to use a mosaic. Painted tiles and wallpaper can also be used.
The use of gold mosaic
VIDEO: Wealth and luxury of gold
In order to preserve the aristocracy and nobility of the design, the golden color in the interior should be used deliberately. It requires careful attention to detail..