Do-it-yourself butterflies on the wall: 140+ (Photo) decoration in the interior (made of paper, voluminous, stickers)
Crafts on the wall in the form of butterflies will help refresh a boring and monochromatic wall. They are used as a symbol of summer, lightness and freedom. Butterflies can be made from almost any material. Butterflies on the wall are a great way to decorate a room. They bring elegance and lightness to the room..
Contents of this article:
For what style are butterflies on the wall?
Butterflies on the wall are made as panel, fixed on one or more walls of the room. They can be crafted from paper, fabric, and many other materials. Depending on the style of decoration of the room, the correct method of making and decorating the panel is selected..
Butterflies are chosen depending on the style of the room.
They can be attached to the wall at will, or you can make a panel. You can also create paintings.
The lighter the material from which you make the appliques, the more they will resemble real ones. With a light breath of wind, their wings will rustle, creating an imitation of flight.
The lighter the material, the more realistic it looks.
Moths are suitable for decorating a room in almost any style, but winged insects will look best in styles:
It is very important that the color of the moths matches the color of the room. You should not tinker with bright red or green insects for a room decorated in beige tones..
Match by wallpaper color
They should also be different in color from the wall, so as not to merge with it. For example, white moths would be out of place on white or light-gray the wall. Combinations can be called successful:
- Muted red with green on the beige walls;
- Yellow and brown with black on gray or white wallpaper;
- Bright blue and red on the pink wall.
Shade with other colors so as not to merge
The main rule is that the moths on the wall should stand out and at the same time be combined, and not seem like an extra decoration.
Preparing to create appliqués
Before creating a picture with moths, you need to think about how they will be located, what size they will be and from what material they will be made. You can find ready-made panels on the Internet and pick up an idea from there, after which you should start making a stencil.
Moths should not be in the same place, and the distance between them should be different to make the composition look interesting. You can attach butterflies in the form of a vortex or randomly arrange them on the wall.
Composition in the form of a waste
After that, you need to select the material for manufacturing and purchase stencils. It is advisable to have several stencils of different sizes to make the composition look more interesting. Stencil can be cut on paper, vinyl or any other suitable material.
Light moths can be cut from:
- Vinyl Film.
Light green wall with butterflies
Making butterflies out of paper does not provide any difficulty, but you will have to tinker with fabric.
Paper is suitable for those people who do not want to spend money on expensive material and time for production. It is very easy to make such moths using a stencil, but they have a drawback – the applications are easy to damage..
Even small children can cut out of paper. You can also use colored paper, draw antennae, eyes and veins for moths. Such an applique is inexpensive, and the whole family can cut it..
Easy to cut and attach
Paper butterflies can be cut from old magazines, as well as printable coloring pages and cut outlines. It is not necessary to make panels in the same color scheme – the more different colors, the more interesting.
Paper butterflies can be glued to the middle, and then when the wind blows, they will sway. Such insects can be planted on glue, scotch tape, or attached with a pushpin..
Volumetric paper butterflies on the wall along the structure
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: How to make DIY corrugated paper flowers with candy? Master class +75 Photos of luxurious bouquets
Cardboard crafts will be slightly stronger than paper crafts, but won’t be light enough to sway in the wind. You can stick rhinestones, sparkles and attach jewelry on them, and unlike paper moths, cardboard moths will withstand this.
The wings can be made more voluminous or rounded. If the cardboard is dense, it should be lightly sprinkled with water, bent, sent under a press and dried. After drying, the jewelry will take the desired shape..
Moths can be decorated with different rhinestones and sparkles
You need to fix the cardboard more firmly, since it is heavier than paper. Do not attach it to tape or a pin – the butterfly may fall. Better to use glue or double-sided tape.
Vinyl is a self-adhesive material, so it is ideal for wall applications. The film has a smooth glossy finish, shimmers in the light. Bright vinyl wrap moths help freshen up a room.
Refreshing the room with a floating applique
Cutting is not difficult, and besides, there is no need to worry about how the stickers are attached to the wall. You just need to remove the protective layer from the film and stick it in the right place.
AdviceIf you want the moth’s wings to move in the wind, the protective film needs to be removed only at the fold of the wings. Leave the film on the wings.
Pay attention to stick well on the wall
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: How do decorative floor vases with flowers change the interior? 130+ (Photo) tall, stylish, beautiful
Fabric moths are perfect for liquid plain wallpaper, drapery or other soft finishing fabric.. Moths will make the room more comfortable, improving the atmosphere in it.
The fabric should not be wrinkled; iron it before cutting. It is recommended to fasten with glue.
We attach the fabric moths to glue
The fastening material depends on the material from which the moths are made. For example, glue is good for paper and foam is good for lightweight materials. Also, butterflies can be attached to threads by hanging them from the ceiling..
You can use PVA glue or a gun. It is not recommended to use a pencil, as it does not hold the material well, especially heavy. The glue should be used on walls that are not afraid to get dirty..
Each material has its own fastening method
It is better to apply glue to the fold of the wings, so the moth will look more like a real one..
If you apply glue to all of the wings, be careful not to let it stick out over the edges.. It is important to use high-quality glue, as it can poorly hold butterflies or leave ugly marks on the wallpaper..
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: Kitchen Clock – Wall Models for Creating Coziness (135+ Photos). Large and original do-it-yourself options
Unlike glue, pins do little damage to the wall. You can also attach insects to the cork board. The pins are suitable for walls made of plastic panels, wood or balsa wood, and drywall.
Stickers in a variety of colors
You should choose pins with a head that matches the color and shape. You can purchase pins with different heads or with sequins.
Before sticking a pin with a butterfly on it into the wall, you need to glue the applique to the pin with Moment glue. If you are attaching butterflies to wallpaper, then bend the end of the pin halfway at a right angle. So the structure will be fixed in the wall in a natural way..
Pins are matched by color
To glue the moth on the styrofoam, you need to spread a piece on both sides and attach the moth to the wall for it. Applications made of heavy materials are not recommended to be planted on such a mount, since the foam may not withstand. Only paper and cardboard crafts are suitable..
In order not to spoil the wall, you can hang butterflies by strings from the ceiling.. It is recommended to hang butterflies on threads of different lengths. You can use both colored threads and transparent fishing line. The main thing is that the thread must withstand the jewelry..
Paper wall decor
To create the effect of glowing butterflies, you need to attach the butterflies to a white wall, and there should be a table with a desktop lamp. To make such a composition, you will need:
- Luminous paint in several colors.
- The pencils.
- Brushes, preferably a palette.
- Glue (better spray).
Luminous stickers in the nursery
Materials can be purchased at a specialty office supply store. To make a composition, you must:
- Fasten the stencils to the wall using glue. You can also secure them with pins..
- Cut the sponge into small pieces and attach to the handle of the brushes (you can also apply paint with a regular sponge).
- Apply paint to the inside of the stencils. If you want to make the moth multi-colored, it is recommended to mix the colors in the palette.
- When the paint is dry, you need to carefully remove the stencils, turn on the lamp and enjoy the beautiful composition on the wall..
It is very easy to do it yourself
To make the composition look more interesting, moths should be of different sizes and shapes. Stencils on the wall are placed at different angles and in different places.
Crafts from colored paper
To make beautiful butterflies from colored paper, you need:
- Thick paper in the colors you want.
- White paper.
- Cardboard (the density should allow it to be folded).
For ease, watch master classes
After preparing all the materials, you need to start creating crafts:
- Print the templates on white paper and cut out. Prepare plenty of templates in case some don’t work the first time. It is better if the templates are different in size.
- Attach the templates to the cardboard, circle them with a simple pencil, then cut them out. If you can, print the pictures directly onto cardboard..
- Trace the cardboard templates on the back of the colored paper on the paper and cut out. Fold the paper in half to make the butterflies bulky.
- Apply glue to the fold, straighten the moth and press it against the wall with your finger. After a while, spread the wings of the craft.
VIDEO: DIY colored butterflies – easy and simple
You can stick butterflies on the wall in a mess, or in one direction (in this case, all insects should be of different sizes).
Beautiful and a lot – it looks like a masterpiece
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: Kitchen wall decoration: 205+ Photo Options (panels, laminate, plaster). How to combine practicality with aesthetics?
Origami is a great solution for family crafts. Such moths will look original and unusual thanks to the voluminous wings..
For such a butterfly you need:
- Newspaper or old magazine.
- Any paint (for example, gouache).
- Thin wire.
You can make a volumetric composition
Having prepared the materials necessary for crafts, you can get to work:
- Cut 4 x 4 cm or 5 x 5 cm squares from sheets.
- Fold the paper in half twice.
- Fold the resulting square diagonally in two different directions.
- Fold the paper inward to form a triangle.
- Bend the two ends of the top layer towards the top.
- Turn the triangle over to the other side and bend the corner up so that it goes beyond the body of the craft.
- Bend the resulting triangle to the other side and glue it to the base.
- Paint the ends of the wings with different paints.
- Make a butterfly body and antennae out of wire.
- Expand the butterfly with a scarlet triangle upward, bend its wings and give them any shape.
- Dip the wire frame in the glue and attach to the craft.
- Attach the insect to the wall in any reliable way.
VIDEO: Origami butterflies – it couldn’t be easier
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: Bathroom tile panel options: 185+ (Photo) Wall options
Creating butterflies is an easy task if you do everything clearly and according to the instructions.. To do this, you need to purchase the necessary material:
- Old vinyl records.
- Crayons in two colors – black and white (you can use colored pencils instead).
- Butterfly patterns.
From vinyl records – looks original
The templates should preferably be made of cardboard. After preparing everything you need, you can start creating the applications themselves:
- Mark the middle of the template on the plate. With white chalk or a pencil, outline the contour of the plate, and with black – the sticker, which is located in the middle of the plate..
- Take a baking sheet, cover it with foil, put a plate on the foil. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, put a baking sheet there. Immediately remove the baking sheet with the plate, as it quickly begins to deform, after about 45 seconds.
- Use sharp scissors to cut the butterfly out of the plate. If it hardens again during cutting, it must be placed back in the oven. Because vinyl cools down very quickly, you need to cut it not only carefully, but also quickly. You may need to heat the template several times..
- When the insect is cut out, it must be bent in half;
- When the butterfly is completely cool, you can glue it to the wall..
The result will definitely surprise you
It will be interesting for you: OVERVIEW: How to hang photos on the wall in a beautiful and original way (170+ Photos)? Creative ideas for bright accents
You can also make butterflies from polymer clay. It is as convenient to sculpt from it as from plasticine, but there is one difference – polymer clay hardens after a while.
For crafts you will need:
- Butterfly mold.
- Polymer clay of any color (about 25 g is needed for 1 butterfly).
- White threads on which the craft itself is hung.
After purchasing all the components, you can start creating butterflies:
- Roll out the polymer clay and cut out the blanks from it with a mold. In the center of the workpiece, make 4 holes with a needle (for hanging a butterfly).
- Peel back the wings at different angles, place them in a glass baking dish.
- Bake the clay for 15 minutes in the oven at the temperature indicated in the instructions for the clay.
- If the holes become narrow after baking, you can enlarge them with a sharp knife. If the edges are not even enough, it is recommended to sand them with sandpaper.
- Pass the thread through the cross-shaped holes and tie with a knot. Pass a button through this knot and attach to the wall..
Polymer clay is easy to work with
VIDEO: Butterflies in the interior
By adding just a few butterflies to the interior, you will become the owner of an interesting combination of simple and chic design. The main thing, of course, is not to overdo it.!